MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member and this is my first post on the M & P forum.

Today is a happy day for me because I pick up my new Smith & Wesson M & P 9mm from Cabelas in Richfield, Wisconsin. I guess the $469 price is about average. Anyway, from the postings, I'm really looking forward to shooting this outstanding looking pistol.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good fitting holster? I was looking at the Bianchi Accumold Duty Holsters model 7115 & 7120. They will fit the M & P .40, but I'm not sure about the 9mm. I would like to keep the price under $80.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
As has been mentioned before, there are several makers who make holsters for the MP series. Before we can start recommending holsters can you give some more info on the intended purpose of the holster i.e. concealed carry, duty, competition... The application will definitely dictate the holster of choice.

·
Registered
599 Posts
MP Holster

Brownells has a Safariland model 5186, you order the 383(Glk 21)

excellent belt holster for about $62. 1-800-741-0015, page131.

Good luck

·
Registered
471 Posts
WallyGator, what type of holster are you looking for? I would suggest that you look at http://kdholsters.com/ for a good leather holster or http://www.comp-tac.com/ for a good kydex holster. Either place will make you an awesome holster, made specifically for your M&P 9mm, at a price under $80.

I am waiting for my leather holster from K&D holsters for my M&P. Should be here with in a couple of weeks now. In the mean time I will show you some pictures of Kevin's work in the holster he made for my Kel-tec .380. Also I will show you some pictures of the Infidel from Comp-tac.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Ron

K&D Holsters

Comp-tac

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just ordered an Uncle Mikes Pro III Duty holster. Size 28, it's listed as fitting the Sigma but fits the M&P perfectly.

It'll hold me for a while as it also fits the Steyr M40A1, my other duty weapon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for your suggestions! You gave me some great leads.

I kind of figured that the manufacturers that list a holster fitting an M & P .40 would most likely fit the 9mm.

Sorry I didn't mention it, the holster will be used for duty.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you checked out Blade-Tech? I have one of their holsters for my SIG X-Five, and I'm thrilled with it. (They're pretty much the only ones out there who make a holster for the X-Five... )

I believe they have a series of LEO-oriented retention holsters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm about to start carrying mine in a C Tac since it's what I've been carrying my 1911 in. I'm considering a different comp-tac holster though

·
Registered
157 Posts
For DUTY use Safariland makes several holsters

I have an Uncle Mikes Pro3 retention holster.

The size # is 28 It's the one for the Sigma.

It also fits my Steyr perfectly

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can recommend the Don Hume IWB. I have several of these for various handguns and they work great. About $29.
Hey that's not a bad holster for $29

do they make a OTB holsters as well? website?

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts