MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The gal that shoots for S&w (Julie something) won a championship with the M&P9so I would say it will do just fine :wink:

·
Registered
167 Posts
"acts" like a gun you can shoot well.

This gun has a lot going for it. I had an EXTREMELY favorable transition from a 5" .45 ACP M1911A1 to this high-cap 9mm.

I hope you enjoy it.

-B

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ran my M&P 9mm and my Glock 34 through same 4 Stage ID

club match this past weekend. I've been shooting the G34 for a number of years and only a few matches with the M&P. My scores were very close, but I did better with the M&P in total score and in 3 of the 4 stages. One thing I noted was the M&P didn't have the muzzle flip of the Glock.

I'm just at MM level - wish I could shoot like Julie G.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This pistol lies to me very well in hand.

You acquit for mistakes,my English is very average.

Thank you

·
Registered
134 Posts
I shoot my M&P routinely in IDPA and find it a great pistol. The light frame does cause some muzzle rise, but no more than any other polymer gun. I have the Blackhawk CQC holster and find that it works perfect.

·
Registered
100 Posts
moshooter said:
I shoot my M&P routinely in IDPA and find it a great pistol. The light frame does cause some muzzle rise, but no more than any other polymer gun. I have the Blackhawk CQC holster and find that it works perfect.

Do you recall which model Blackhawk CQC you have? I don't see one specifically for the M&P on any sites I found. I assume yours does not have the Sherpa lock, right?

I'm getting involved in IDPA and am looking for the best holster and mag holders.

TIA.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
marksm,

I personally don't think you can go wrong. Natural point of aim, smooth recoil, and overall one fine pistol.

csprick,

There are many threads discussing holsters but I personally really like my Bladetech Stingray for competition. Check out the M&P store: www.mp-store.com

Xfactor,

I like your avatar, nice shooting! :wink:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Holster for IDPA

Chuck said:
Do you recall which model Blackhawk CQC you have? I don't see one specifically for the M&P on any sites I found. I assume yours does not have the Sherpa lock, right?

I'm getting involved in IDPA and am looking for the best holster and mag holders.

TIA.

Chuck

I really like the Comp-Tac Speed Holster I purchased from Speed Shooters Specialties. I also like the Bladetechs I have for my Glocks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
csprick said:
[quote name='moshooter']I shoot my M&P routinely in IDPA and find it a great pistol. The light frame does cause some muzzle rise, but no more than any other polymer gun. I have the Blackhawk CQC holster and find that it works perfect.

TIA.

Chuck[/quote]

Yes, it's the Serpa CQC in flat black. It has the retention lock (level 2). I got it at the NRA convention from an outfit called the Natural Nevadian, or something like that. It was pretty new so it may not be on their website yet, but it is a M&P specific holster.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like it for IDPA.

Gordon Carrell is a S&W sponsored shooter who is also using one. He won SSP at the Carolina Cup with one. I know he prefers it to the pistol he was shooting before, whose maker also sponsored him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts