MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have read that S&W uses a 4" at 25 yard standard for the M&P. That means off the shelf guns should shoot this good or better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, 4"@25 yds. isn't all that great,but it is,after all a $500.00 service pistol. It's not a PPC9 or 952. I see some ammo experimenting is in my future. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I think most M&Ps will shoot better than that. I know mine will. The M&P is a very accurate design. I was shooting 3" groups at 25 yards with cheap ammo. I can't wait to run some XTPs through it.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
4" group at 25 yards is considered to be combat accuracy, the common standard by which combat pistols are measured, some make it, some don't, I believe the MP series should beat it.

You also have to consider this is measured with a pistol in a Ransom Rest to eliminate the human error factor. The quality of the ammo is also a factor to be considered. 8)

·
Registered
201 Posts
My PD is switching to them and the SW rep told us the history and basis for the design and some changes they made after learning from the Sigma and studying the Glock and the few downfalls of it. The made the design changes and he advised us they should be pretty accurate at longer distances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts