MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an Airsoft M&P yet? I'm having trouble finding any... wanted to recommend one to my friend in Japan, just for the ergos.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
There was a thread on this not too long ago. IIRC, no one had seen one.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yea, i've been looking for one myself...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Me too. I hope they come out with one that takes the interchangeable backstraps as well. This would make a great training tool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was in Dick's sporting goods today and saw about 20 M&P CO2 powered airsoft pistols. They appeared to be steel like a BB gun. The package said they shoot a 20g BB at 350 FPS. I don't know much about airsoft. I thought about getting one but I'm on the fence about spending $50 on a toy. David

·
Registered
45 Posts
:? I purchased the KWC M&P 40 replica airsoft gun at Dick's Sporting goods last week (unfortunately they are not available on their website). My sons and I are using it for USPSA drills in our garage.

The airsoft gun looks identical to our real M&P 9mm that we shoot in competition. We'll see how it helps in our real shooting.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Re: Gunbroker AIRsoft availability

ken851 said:
Buyer pays fixed amount of $19.99 for shipping,

[quote name='HowardCohodas']Try http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92937155
[/quote]

My reference was to a previous post about not being able to find it at GunBroker. I certainly wouldn't tolerate either the price they are asking, nor the S&H charges. They can probably get away with it because this model seems to be out of stock in the places I would usually patronize.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the huge attraction with these "toys"? Seems to be all I hear people talk about it. What is the deal wit them? I guess I am in the dark, I have never seen one and don't know anyone that has one. :oops:

·
Registered
937 Posts
The KWC is so far the only M&P airsoft I've seen.

BigChessie, the appeal varies on the person. Kids like them because they're gun-like and their parent will buy them, because they're safe, you know. Not like the olden days with one-pump BB-guns.

You can do low/no-light practice in your home. Set up some targets consisting of several sheets thick of cardboard and clear the rooms.

The best thing to do with them is get with the buddies, go out into the yard/woods, and have wars. My friends and I had a small three-way battle on July 4th last year. We only had spring powered ones, but the moving and shooting was a lot of fun. Using trees (and the garden) for cover. My friend had his battery powered AK and I had a pump shotgun. He had half the range I did and I was sniping him through the branches of a tree. Then when the long guns ran dry, I pulled my 1911 from my Blackhawk drop-leg holster and moved in, shooting on the move.

The simplicity of my success was that I was a IDPA/USPSA local match attender and my friends have almost no firearms training, let alone tactics or experience on the move. It was kinda sad, actually.

Regardless, it's fun.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just got one of the KWC co2 M&P's from coolgadget.net.

I can't believe how realistic this thing looks. If one took the orange barrel extension off, it would be VERY hard to distinguish it from the real thing. The co2 gun fits my holsters perfect and has a similar heft and feel. I bought it to practice gun handling and target engagement in my back yard.

I was surprised at how accurate and powerful it is. YMMV. I guess I didn't expect too much in the way of performance.

Now I can set up a few cardboard targets in the back yard and have a good time shooting.

I can already tell that I should have bought the biodegradable pellets. I do not want a bunch of the plastic pellets all over the yard and in the planters.

·
Registered
445 Posts
How long will one of those co2 bottles/cans last when you start useing it ? I mean time or shots.

I think there is some potential there. I was doing a web search on the airsoft, there s some pretty neat stuff out there :!:

do they fit in the holster?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I broke down and bought one of the airsoft M&P's from Dicks. Almost 40 years old playing with bb guns.
I tell you these things are a hoot. 15 shoots as fast as you can squeeze the trigger with no recoil. Definately not like my old Red Ryder. This guns uses a CO2 cartridges in the magazine to fire the rounds. I put a 5 gallon bucket out in the yard and at 25 yards I can hit it easy at all 15 times. I lost count at 10 to 11 times reloading the 15 round mags, but I know I got at least 175 shots out of one CO2 cartridge. I guess my 7 year old will try and take it over. David

1 - 20 of 41 Posts