MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my most favoritest gun shop today, and I asked them if they had any M&P's around for me to drool--I mean take a look at. To my horror, they said they've never been able to get one in. What the heck? Does S&W make too few of these? Somehow, I get the dreaded feeling I'll be looking for it either on Bud's Gunshop or some other site online. FFL transfer fees are a nightmare though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's CA okay with the 10 round mags. You know, I really hate the 10 round mags. What a dumb limit. But, oh well. All they said was the gun is hard to get, and they have never been able to get one in their store. That really chaps my hide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's funny. Where in CA are you? In San Diego, Discount Gun Mart has had them in stock for a long time. They even had them on some sort of super sale for a while ... which I missed. :roll: I paid over $500 for mine a couple months ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Plenty up here in Sacramento. Some new and some older serial numbers. Pain to drive up here twice. If your local dealer can't get them, why not do Bud's to one of their FFLs on file? They've got plenty in stock, and still running deals on certain combinations (noticed the 9mm 10rd mag this week).

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I think this is just a problem with certain gun shops. One of my local shops still denies that the compact has hit the market. The funny thing is that 3 other shops in the immediate area have them in stock. Go figure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I buy from Bud's, I'll be paying more. Add in shipping, $100 transfer fee, and some other dumb fee of I think around $25, and that's more than what I'll be paying if I were to buy from them. Not much more, but enough. If all else fails, I will consider Bud's. Gunbroker is cool too, but I haven't seen reasonable prices on the handguns I like in ages.

·
Registered
223 Posts
California Shops

Two of the "bigger" shops in Sacramento advertise the M&P for $499. It may be a 45 minute drive, but I think it is worth it. Pick up the Thursday Sac Bee, maybe not the Thanksgiving issue, but in the sporting goods section and you will see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MP4ME said:
If I buy from Bud's, I'll be paying more.

You said you couldn't find a local shop that had them at all. If that's the case, then your alternatives are Sacramento or Buds.

Add in shipping, $100 transfer fee, and some other dumb fee of I think around $25, and that's more than what I'll be paying if I were to buy from them.

Bud's shipping is not that much... $25 tops for a handgun to CA. FFL transfer free should be $25-$50, even in SF. Try calling the San Francisco people on Bud's FFL list and see what they charge. I know you can find $50 FFLs in the far East Bay (Concord/Pleasanton Hill area). DROS is $25 and the local shop has to charge that too.

Considering Bud's has the CA mag .40 and 9mm on sale for $399 right now, even with $100 in fees it's going to be cheaper than you would be able to get it for locally. Cheapest price I've seen in a California shop is $489 on super-special. I got mine for $499 and see it all day long at $549.

Not much more, but enough. If all else fails, I will consider Bud's. Gunbroker is cool too, but I haven't seen reasonable prices on the handguns I like in ages.

Good luck on your search. What do you have against Bud's? Feel guilty doing a transaction through a local shop rather than just buying it from them? See if they'll price match then. Or pick an FFL that is not a gun shop or doesn't stock them (pawn, or someone else).

Or are you just looking for a $369 deal locally... no shipping, no fees? It dosn't exist.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
entropy said:
Add in shipping, $100 transfer fee, and some other dumb fee of I think around $25, and that's more than what I'll be paying if I were to buy from them.

Bud's shipping is not that much... $25 tops for a handgun to CA. FFL transfer free should be $25-$50, even in SF. Try calling the San Francisco people on Bud's FFL list and see what they charge. I know you can find $50 FFLs in the far East Bay (Concord/Pleasanton Hill area). DROS is $25 and the local shop has to charge that too.

The shipping I don't mind. But FFL transfer fees are not cheap in SF. $100 is the least expensive. I've done this before. I once bought a Winchester 94 off of Gunbroker. FFL was $60 in San Jose. ATF shut them down soon after.

Considering Bud's has the CA mag .40 and 9mm on sale for $399 right now, even with $100 in fees it's going to be cheaper than you would be able to get it for locally. Cheapest price I've seen in a California shop is $489 on super-special. I got mine for $499 and see it all day long at $549.

$399 isn't that bad. Paid $380 for my Ruger once on Gunbroker from another dealer. I may try Bud's after all. Maybe they will have Christmas specials? After all, nothing says Christmas better than a new gun. HAHA

Good luck on your search. What do you have against Bud's? Feel guilty doing a transaction through a local shop rather than just buying it from them? See if they'll price match then. Or pick an FFL that is not a gun shop or doesn't stock them (pawn, or someone else).

When I was looking for a good deal on a Ruger P345, Bud's said it was not CA okay. But it was. So I felt that they didn't have their act together to know that. Other than that, I have nothing against Bud's. It's the transfer fees that I have a beef with. That isn't Bud's fault though.

Or are you just looking for a $369 deal locally... no shipping, no fees? It dosn't exist.

No, no. I know well enough that there is no way the M&P will be going for that cheap in the Bay Area. It would be a "bargain" to find one at $499...if extremely and ludicrously lucky.

·
Registered
708 Posts
my fee was 25 for the actual fee and 25 for the guy.. 50$ in fees, 30$ for shipping.. insured.. 600 for everything in my hands night sights too..

·
Registered
66 Posts
MP4ME said:
It's CA okay with the 10 round mags. You know, I really hate the 10 round mags. What a dumb limit. But, oh well. All they said was the gun is hard to get, and they have never been able to get one in their store. That really chaps my hide.
Well if you didn't know in Canada we are also limited to 10 round mag's....sucks! Obviously police can use the full capacity one's but they are classified as 'prohibited' here. You wouldn't want to get caught with one at the range or something.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
For those Californians here, please note that the pistol Buds has listed for $399 as Cali legal is no longer on the approved list. I had ordered on through Buds, but it hadn't shipped yet. I was able to cancel my order as well as inform them that the CA DOJ revised the approved list as of 12/1.

Just so you are aware, M&Ps without a mag disconnect are NOT able to be purchased here at this time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wonder how that's going to affect me. I bought mine on 11/22 from Bud's but it just shipped last Friday (and hopefully will be here today). I hope they DROS it. Otherwise, hopefully they'll let me buy a new sear assembly from Brownells with the mag disconnect. Now i'm worried

·
Registered
533 Posts
TBoliv said:
I wonder how that's going to affect me. I bought mine on 11/22 from Bud's but it just shipped last Friday (and hopefully will be here today). I hope they DROS it. Otherwise, hopefully they'll let me buy a new sear assembly from Brownells with the mag disconnect. Now i'm worried

PM Me!!

I have a Mag Safety and Spring!!

PM ME ASAP!!

Y

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
darrenk75b said:
For those Californians here, please note that the pistol Buds has listed for $399 as Cali legal is no longer on the approved list. I had ordered on through Buds, but it hadn't shipped yet. I was able to cancel my order as well as inform them that the CA DOJ revised the approved list as of 12/1.

Just so you are aware, M&Ps without a mag disconnect are NOT able to be purchased here at this time.

Yup. Some one told me that as well. 2007 rules state that ALL semi-auto handguns come with mag disconnect, and loaded chamber indicators. Gawd, I HATE California!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts