MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just dont work and play well together, at least in my .40. Last week I was finishing up at the range and one of the guys that works there wanted to shoot the M&P. I had just fired 200 rounds of Winclean without a hitch. He grabbed a box of Fiocchi, the pistol, and off he went. Came back 5 minutes later and told me a tale of 4 jams out of the first 10 round mag! Needless to say that bummed me out pretty bad.

Yesterday I cleaned her up real nice and went to try some of that stuff myself, sure enough, it jammed 5 times in 2 mags. The Fiocchi has a much smaller nose than the Winclean and as near as I can tell it was jamming on the bottom portion of the feed ramp. I pushed aside the Fiocchi and fired another 100 rounds of the Winclean with no issues. I then polished off the rest of the Fiocchi in my P239 with no problems. I gave the same guy at the range a few mags of the Winclean, the M&P, and this time he came back smiling in love with my pistol.

Any other M&P guys experience this? I know a lot of people use Fiocchi with no issues and this has been discussed a little in the past. Sorry if this is a dead horse.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
My gun hates it also. I'll just never shoot that ammo every again., if u do a search I have a thread on this very topic.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You might want to do a search but I read a thread a day or so ago about a overcharged Fiochi round blowing up in an M&P requiring the entire upper half of the gun needing to be replaced.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ebar5 said:
You might want to do a search but I read a thread a day or so ago about a overcharged Fiochi round blowing up in an M&P requiring the entire upper half of the gun needing to be replaced.

Their stuff seems to be a little hotter than most.

·
Registered
130 Posts
To do that kind of damage its more than a little hotter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My one and only experience with Fiochi was about 12 years ago and it was .40 s&w also. It was a brass issue. I guess the brass was too soft and the extractor was pulling through the case rim. I was shooting a EAA Witness and It was brand new. I thought it was the gun until I fired what was left of the .40 ammo throughan old and trusted Ruger P-91 and it did the same thing about every 2 or 3 rounds. Havnt used Fiochi since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with this stuff as well in my 40. It catches on the feed ramp. It would jam every 2-3 rounds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've ran about 200 rds thru with no issues. Hopefully this isn't the norm as I have about 800 more rds sitting at home waiting to be shot....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts