MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a quick and dirty attempt at one anyway.

One M&P40 + one torn bedsheet + some duct tape to hold it to the wall + some beat up boots and a knife + a couple of lights.

Some white balance adjustment, and viola.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Outstanding, all though I am a bit sad to see those fine JUMP BOOTS so neglected. If you need some Kiwi, or a shoe shine kit in general, just ask I have plenty... :wink:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morgan Walker said:
Outstanding, all though I am a bit sad to see those fine JUMP BOOTS so neglected. If you need some Kiwi, or a shoe shine kit in general, just ask I have plenty... :wink:

They haven't been neglected, they are just very much no longer pretty and almost through the soles. They get boot grease and polished at regular intervals, which can do only so much. When you wear a size 15, the littel overhang on steps tends to beat the crap out of your shoes. Unfortunately, where I work there are a bunch of steps with decorative concrete overhangs, so all the TLC in the world doesn't do much.

I also need new laces, but haven't been able to find replacements for those. They are waxed laces from obernauf's, which they no longer sell on their own. Never come untied, and they lasted me 2.5 sets of boots.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Morgan Walker said:

using jump boots with my class-a's I say lincoln wax is they way to go
:wink:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nikon777 said:
looks like u have some kinda grip texture on the front and rear grip panels?

yeah, I cut some a-grip to fit. I'm liking it quite a bit, although it is starting to get a little ugly.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Every time I look at this pic, it keeps growing on me... I really like how it all blends, but contrasts each other, yadda-yadda, yadda... It looks great, you did an awesome job on it...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
man who you tellin my stepdad is professional photographer and I see this and want to let him borrow and exploit those beauties for what they are...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yessir, you could make some money with that one. It's top-notch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
raz-0, is that the large backstrap? It doesn't look snug to the grip, just an observation from the pic. Cool pic nonetheless

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is the large backstrap, and there was always a small gap betwen it and the gun. Nothing major, but you could slide a sheet of paper between it.

I probably made it worse with all my experimenting with a-grip. It doesn't pose a usability issue, so I leave it be at this point as I like the a-grip setup i have.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts