MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when you aren't micro managing every last new-to-guns person at the range.

I was teaching a friend technique in how to hold the pistol, stand, and all of that. Meanwhile, his out of town friend is behind us ****'n with my M&P's which I had apart because I was showing them how ported vs non ported felt.

He asks me "hey can I put the barrel in so I can shoot this one next"? I said "SURE", not anticipating that this dumb **** wouldn't match ports with ports. Something I would had figured was complete common sense. Guess not!

So he shoots it and...

Boy I wanted to slap the **** out of him but luckily enough the three guys I had with me, all being friends, all went in three ways to replace it.

But until I get it back, I decided to chop my other FS M&P so I can conceal carry with it. I love how these guns are so versatile, going from conceal, to sidearm, to what is essentially a pistol caliber carbine, or sub gun.

It's amazing how accurate and fast I can be with the MCK.

Anyway, if anyone has a spare frame, I will buy it. If you're looking to sell your M&P, PM me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to be a jerk, but proper U.S. flag etiquette says to never lay anything on a flag.
Respect for the flag and etiquette pertaining to it actually means a lot to me to where I apply it every time I learn a new way. I actually saved that flag from a dumpster. I really appreciate you letting me know and will not do that again. I don't allow my wife or kids to wear American flag clothes, I have a light on mine outside and bring it in at sun down if I don't, I do NOT allow them to hit the ground if they fall or I am carrying them and I know those pictures technically contradict that but I didn't consider that until now. So thank you, and I apologize to my fellow citizens.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Respect for the flag and etiquette pertaining to it actually means a lot to me to where I apply it every time I learn a new way. I actually saved that flag from a dumpster. I really appreciate you letting me know and will not do that again. I don't allow my wife or kids to wear American flag clothes, I have a light on mine outside and bring it in at sun down if I don't, I do NOT allow them to hit the ground if they fall or I am carrying them and I know those pictures technically contradict that but I didn't consider that until now. So thank you, and I apologize to my fellow citizens.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I’m not understanding what barrel was put into what slide to cause that kaboom.

Care to give us a few more details?

Those sound like good friends, to cover the cost of their buddy’s screw-up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry this happened to your gun! Glad your friends are replacing it for you. Yeah taking "new to guns" people to the range requires 100% attention. i took a buddy from work and his son to the range a couple years ago. I spent an hour at my house pre-range going over the guns, safety and what we would be doing. I took my Ruger GP-100 Match Champion because his son wanted to fire a 357 Mag. I went over exactly how to operate and fire it and he was doing good, so i took my attention off of him for a few minutes to help his dad. I look up to see his son loading the cylinder and then flinging the gun to the side trying to make the cyclinder slam shut. Not as much of a major issue as yours, but ticked me off in general.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry this happened to your gun! Glad your friends are replacing it for you. Yeah taking "new to guns" people to the range requires 100% attention. i took a buddy from work and his son to the range a couple years ago. I spent an hour at my house pre-range going over the guns, safety and what we would be doing. I took my Ruger GP-100 Match Champion because his son wanted to fire a 357 Mag. I went over exactly how to operate and fire it and he was doing good, so i took my attention off of him for a few minutes to help his dad. I look up to see his son loading the cylinder and then flinging the gun to the side trying to make the cyclinder slam shut. Not as much of a major issue as yours, but ticked me off in general.
Forgot where I saw it but a while back I watched two older Gentlemen explaining about that very thing with double action revolvers.. They also cautioned against closing the slide on a empty chamber on semi autos by letting it 'slam' shut. They explained how the actions are designed to have some resistance ( like stripping a round from the mag) instead of slamming shut on a empty chamber. Made enough sense to me that I ease my actions closed now unless I'm chambering a round or a snap cap. Might not matter but it can't hurt. (y)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hubby told me that easing the hammer forward, and then also the slide forward is important for 1911's. Why they are that different from "Glocks" I don't know, but he's been shooting for many decades and pretty much knows stuff.

Reactions: Rick M
1 - 16 of 16 Posts