MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i cant seen to find one of these in MN!

i went to gander to buy one after fondling the 9mm and then they go look for the 40 and they are like the nearest one is in Ohio! WTF! so i gotta wait a week for one but i want it now! anyone have a similar problem? anyone in MN have the 40?

thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you are looking for the 40 compact then it wont come out until the first part of january. Or so says S&W when I contacted them. In January the .40 compact will come out, the .45 M&P will come out at the shot show. Good times for Smith.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like the first batch of the 40c has made its way to a few dealers. A quick check of Buds using the S&W SKUs and Buds websites "out of stock" search reveals they don't have it yet either. So if its a week wait with Gander then that should be about as good as you can do. Since you're in MN, if you want I'll let you shoot my 9c and you can help me break it in. :wink: PM me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Impact guns has the M&P40c and M&P357c on there site but has the out of stock as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been informed, with reasonable authority that the

M&PC in .40 S&W is still undergoing reliability testing.......so it may be a while longer before we see one......... :?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Thats funny, word I have from a very reliable source is that they are starting to trickle out of the factory.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got to shoot one today down here in Orlando. All I can say is sweet. I had said before that the 9c was alot shoter than the G26 and now after shooting thr 40c it feels more like a G26 in the way it recoils. So, I will probably have to get one when they finally hit the shelfs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You know, I had pretty much had my heart set on buying a Sig P229 in .40 when I get my tax refund but now I am starting to think that I might just like to get myself one of these M&P .40 compacts. If they are actually out by the time I get the refund I will have a very hard time deciding on which to get.

Can't wait to actually hold one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
PT-111 said:
You know, I had pretty much had my heart set on buying a Sig P229 in .40 when I get my tax refund but now I am starting to think that I might just like to get myself one of these M&P .40 compacts. If they are actually out by the time I get the refund I will have a very hard time deciding on which to get.

Can't wait to actually hold one.

You will love it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Strange

I bought a M&P40 yesterday at my local gun dealer here in central Ohio. He stated that they had just got them in yesterday. I'd say they are definately hitting the stores. Maybe it will take a little time to hit your area.

Michael

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was thinking about getting a M&40c for carry and using my M&P40 full size for training and practice. But now I'm thinking about just buying another full size and just sawing off the grip a little to accept the compact mags. I have issues with everybody thinking that a concealed carry gun has to have a really short barrel/slide. It's not the barrel/slide that's the issue in concealment, it's the frame/grip size. 4 inch barrels are a piece of cake to carry. I have a Glock 22 modified to take G23 mags and it's fabulous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Compact 40 availability

The compact 40 is available at Budsgunshop.com @ $449, and at Gilbertsguns.com @ $499 (as of Sunday, January 28th.) Good luck grabbing one!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts