MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new M&P compact 9mm yesterday. I took it to the range today and put 250 flawless rounds through it.

The only problem I have is, it won't take a fully loaded mag with the slide forward. I have to lock the slide back, pop the mag in, then drop the slide. If I pull one round out of the mag, it loads just fine.

This is the first S&W i've owned so is there something I'm missing? I've searched here, and on a couple of other forums but I haven't seen anyone with the same issue.

Any thoughts?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Put some a$$ in to it.. I mean really jam it home... leave the mags loaded for a week or 2 and they will soften

·
Registered
367 Posts
I always bump my mags to make sure they are seated well (especially with the slide forward and a full mag). If you bump them with the slide back, it might fall forward on you, don't worry. I like that, saves time.

Congrats on the new M&P, you will love it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was having trouble with getting the last round in my 40c. I left the mags fully loaded for a few days things were a lot better. They are really tight when new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same problem with my 40c. The mags loosened up after I left them loaded for a while. Still have to use a good amount of force to get the full loaded mag in with the slide forward, but it does go in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the replies, that was my problem. I had thoughts of jamming it in there, but with it being so new I was a bit too cautious I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Learned to really slam it home today, twice during my first shoot with the MP40, did I wonder why it didn't fire after releasing the slide, I knew it wasn't an FTF or a misfire, because I felt floppy trigger, I then looked, and realized my mag was still a good 1cm from home.

·
Registered
72 Posts
do what I call the "glock stomp" with your mags

Once they are loaded smack the bas plate hard against your other hand to settle the rounds

It can also help if you do it before you try to get that last round in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts