MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
rim_shot, welcome to the forum. Yes I do carry my 40c in the nemesis on occasion. fits perfect, ans are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nemesis great for snibbies...

I love my Desantis Nemesis for carrying my S & W 442 but my MP 9mm compact is too fat to pocket carry in a Nemesis, IMHO. I bought the Nemesis for summer carry of my snubbie and even that little revolver is a little heavy for shorts and T shirt without a stong belt. Some guys can comfortably carry three or four pounds of steel hidden away on their body, even in the summer, but not me.

Almost forgot to ad, welcome to the forum and nice cat!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Quote May West........

"Is that a MP compact in your pocket or are you just glad to see me"?
8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a Nemesis for my old Taurus PT111 and it worked well for me. The price is right and with slightly baggy wear it might just work out fine for my spanking brand new M&P .40 Compact.

Thek9

PS Speaking of DeSantis I have a Speed Scabbard 02 that I bought for my Sig229 SAS my M&P fits almost perfict. FWIW.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
rim_shot said:
I always heard j frames were the perfect pocket gun and i believed it. Then i saw this... http://www.gunblast.com/images/SW_MPCompact/MVC-400F.jpg No bigger than the cell phone i carried in '99

The boys at desantis obviously thought the m&p_c was suitable for pocket carry or they would not offer a nemesis for it.

The "J" frames are as perfect a pocket gun as possible because they are thinner than the MP's. The picture shows the J frame to be bigger than the MP compact but they are not showing a side by side picture of the two. Don't get me wrong I love my MP's and carry one often but, as with most double stack, semi-autos they are fairly fat making a significant buldge in the pocket. And then there is the weight factor to be considered. Usually I carry my MP 9c in a DeSantis Invisible Agent IWB holster or a Kangaroo holster with a loose fitting shirt. Much better weight distribution with a belt or shoulder holster, IMO. I'll probably be buying a Galco Fletch or something similar for my MP's when the weather begins to cool a bit.

And, by the way the boys at DeSantis or any other holster manufacturer make a lot of holsters that don't work too well. Ask anyone who has a drawer dedicated to holsters they never wear anymore. I've got a few myself! :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm glad to see its working for some folks.

I have a Nemesis on the way for "special occasion" carry with the right pants, of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts