MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice looking size, and appears to be identical to the full size,only smaller, and of course the mag is different. What is the capacity of the mags in 9mm compact? Are they priced the same as the full size mags? How about the price of the gun itself? Same as the full size?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nope, no more info yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
None of my distributors has seen the compact M&P. So I called S&W customer service today and I was told they would not be shipping until late September or October.

FWIW...

--Lin

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jester said:
Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

No different from when the "full-sized" models were released.

I still know of a dealer who's rep thinks that the .357 will be released before the 9mm. :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm disappointed. I was really hoping for a true compact, not a sub-compact. I might have to just buck up and buy the full-size.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Spackler said:
I'm disappointed. I was really hoping for a true compact, not a sub-compact. I might have to just buck up and buy the full-size.

What I have seen of the compact M&P has me looking forward to the 40 version coming out. The size is ideal for what I have in mind for carry in warm weather.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Still waiting, still waiting! I must hold out until the 40S&W comes out, must hold out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone have any more info on it yet? I'm looking into an M&P Compact for IWB carry in a suit, otherwise im going to have to get a 642 for the mean time.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
nothing yet, I'll put a call in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you happen to know when they will have a Mass legal model for us here in the anti gun state thanks mike.

Becuase we have not even seen the full size model still in testing I hope Smith was smart and put the compact model in for testing the same time they did there full size.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jester said:
I got the OK from S&W to post these!!!

The 9mm compact has been shipping for 3 weeks.

The fullsize .357 sig they are projecting aroung aug.

The .40 compact pending R&D hoping around shot show, but could be alot later.

And the .45 they are looking at later this year also.

BTW, Smith and Wesson are watching!

Very! Very! nice looking sub-compact. Any updated info. on when they'll be in the gun stores? And for same price as the full size?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jester said:
Nope, no more info yet.

Do you know what the barrel lenght will be on the compact? (3.5" ?).

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Info was end of this month.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts