MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just noticed the pic looks like it has a slide release not a slide stop??

·
Registered
113 Posts
targetsup said:
Just noticed the pic looks like it has a slide release not a slide stop??

I emailed Smith & Wesson a couple of days ago, inquiring about when we could expect the 9mm S&W M&P compact on dealer shevles. They emailed me back and said about two months!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
sounds about right, released at the end of september and takes 2 months to get on the shelfs.

Some dealers have the PN's for them already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jester said:

What Glock is pictured here? Over on sigforum when I commented on it being a G36, it was pointed out to me that it appears to be stamped both "36" and "9x19". After looking more closely, it looks to me too that it's stamped "36" and "9x19". Only the G36 is chambered in .45 ACP. Is more than one pair of eyes playing a trick on its owner?

D.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I zoomed the image and yes it does say 36 and 9x19. I can clearly make out the two nines but unsure if it says 1.

·
Registered
521 Posts
targetsup said:
I zoomed the image and yes it does say 36 and 9x19. I can clearly make out the two nines but unsure if it says 1.

enhancement...the 9x19 might be photoshopped.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thats what I got when I zoomed in. I thought I had went crazy, so I even checked the Glock website just to make sure I wasnt crazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone heard anything else about the compact? There is a local gun show at the end of this month. I wonder if I should wait to compare the compact and fullsize. I am wanting the an M&P for my main carry piece. Is the compact still coming out late September/October or is it later? I called a S&W rep two weeks ago and he said they should be out by the end of the year.

Thanks,

Brennan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I just checked with my distributor they now have the SKU's so it shouldn't be long now.

Here is the list:

SW109003FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 40 B 10R W/IL-MD

SW109004FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 9 B 10R W/IL-MD

SW109005FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 357 B 10R W/IL-MD

SW109203FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 40 B 10R WO/IL W/MD

SW109205FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 357 B 10R WO/IL W/D

SW109303FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 40 B 10R WO/IL-MD

SW109305FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 357 B 10R WO/IL-MD

SW209204FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 9 B 12R WO/IL W/MD

SW209304FC SW M&P COMP 3.5" 9 B 12R WO/IL WO/MD

Enjoy,

Dan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Jester,

Agreed

I had them order me one, told them I didn't care which one came in first just send it to me

Dan

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just checked with the local dealer and had them order me the .40 version. The RSR group will give him a call when they get them in then they will call me and I will be happy!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
targetsup said:
Just checked with the local dealer and had them order me the .40 version. The RSR group will give him a call when they get them in then they will call me and I will be happy!!

So, what price are they going to sell for?

I paid $579.99 for my full size M&P 40, then they went down to $479.99, now they have been on sale for $459.99.

I hope the price is the same as the full size M&P.

I can't wait to get my compact. Only thing I am totally on the fence about is whether to get the 9mm or the 40.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
According to my distributor the cost is the same as the full size. Now you realize that, that doesn't mean that people will not be charging more than the full size.

Remember the laws of supply and demand plays alot in the gun world.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll buy when the time is right.....

I'll buy my compact when the price settles. I'm anxious to buy it but I'm not going to send a gun dealer's kid through college for it. Time is on our side. S & W's price probably wont be outrageous but some dealers may want to make a few extra bucks on market demand. Can't blame them. Get it while you can. But the capitalistic law of supply and demand will always prevail in the long run. 8)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
According to my distributor the cost is the same as the full size. Now you realize that, that doesn't mean that people will not be charging more than the full size.

Remember the laws of supply and demand plays alot in the gun world.

Amen to that. There seems to be a rash of demand for compacts of all types right now. Oh, well, I would be $479.99 if I have to, but will balk at $579.99, especially if S&W's cost is the same to the dealer. I hope that at least initially they are competitive with the price. For others who buy later(current Glock owners) after they realize how great a gun this really is, let them pay a higher price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my full size .40 but I might have to pick up the compact 9mm because it is cheeper to shoot...... But the .40 would be nice as a consealed unit.

·
Registered
464 Posts
NO.45?!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts