MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here seen or tried the Laserlyte "Sub compact" on their M&P Compact? Our tiny rail may not be large enough to hold that one either. It looks as though it will be a looong time, if ever, that there is a Crimson Trace for us. :roll:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know the laser/light combo for the subcompact xd will work

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, a dumb question from a newb -- do laser sights really make a difference in your firing accuracy, or is it still a question of your techniques and skill in grip, trigger release, etc. :?: As I guess most would love to better their accuracy, would they be better off to work on the fundamentals of shooting than a laser sight? Thanks to the experienced ones.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
clearshot7 said:
OK, a dumb question from a newb -- do laser sights really make a difference in your firing accuracy, or is it still a question of your techniques and skill in grip, trigger release, etc. :?: As I guess most would love to better their accuracy, would they be better off to work on the fundamentals of shooting than a laser sight? Thanks to the experienced ones.

A laser sight is only good for showing a possible point of impact.... I use it when I havent shot in a while and want to see where I am messing up i.e. trigger jerk, boom anticipation and so on. I have went through a couple batteries keeping the cat entertained too

·
Registered
12 Posts
not just for accuracy

There are a few reasons I use a laser sight on my G21. The first is a quick point of reference in the event there is no time to line up my sights. Perfect world environments generally do not exist when your gun is out of the holster. The second is deterrent value. For some reason, that little flashing red light on your chest tends to be the wake up call that some people need (believe it or not, a .45 pointed at you sometimes is not enough). The reality of that little red dot has pooped many a pants....

·
Registered
660 Posts
I like my laser for dry firing pratice. You can see your breathing and jerking of the trigger. It really helps. Someone once told me that very few people in a fire fight ever use their sights properly. For me the rapid acquistion and knowledge that the bullet will strike within about 2 inches of the little red dot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Appreciate the replies to my question about laser sights. I am definitely interested in checking them out. But now the question is, where to get one that fits the 9c? It seems a lot of people are complaining about the short rail, and having a hard time finding a laser sight that fits the 9c.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive got an insight x2 on my 9c and it works well, has white light and laser, momentary and constant on, but no choice of only light or only laser, it was about $200

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, you cant turn anything on at all without both light and laser. I dont see why thats a problem othr than battery life but I wish it had independent switches. Other than that its great, the light is really bright for its size and the laser shows up as far as any Ive seen in daylight. By the way I love the 9c also, I shoot it way better than a G26

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well I was considering one of those laser/light combos for my compact, but since it's all on or nothing they'll lose my business. Horrid business decision that one, they should have known better.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know the full size streamlight combo has different switches it just makes sense to do that....

·
Registered
96 Posts
jediihaf said:
Well I was considering one of those laser/light combos for my compact, but since it's all on or nothing they'll lose my business. Horrid business decision that one, they should have known better.

They must have heard you.....

...... "Additionally, there's a fully adjustable visible aiming laser with a selector switch for white light only operation."

http://www.insightlights.com/products-x2l.htm

White light

White light and laser

But, NO Laser only

KO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts