MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sneaked a look at the wifes Woman's Outlook Magazine and couldn't believe my eyes!! There is a full page ad by S & W with a picture of the M & P Compact and stating that it is now available in 40S&W, 9mm and 357 SIg.


Let the dealer availability and price comparisons begin!!!!!




Edit; Just looked at the ad a little closer and it shows the 9mm is now available in the compact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
I still haven't seen them at any stores. I plan on ordering a Full size if Bud's gets it in, but would rather have a compact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bud's has upped the price.....

matt7184 said:
I still haven't seen them at any stores. I plan on ordering a Full size if Bud's gets it in, but would rather have a compact.


Looks like Bud's is getting ready for the MP Compact since they raised their price on the standard MP from $369.00 to $447.00. I think they have had a lot of enquiries.

I checked the S & W web site but no mention of the compact yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Talked to Brandon from Bud's yesterday. The price will be back down to $369 for the full size models like their ads say once they get the shipments of M&P Fulls in this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Magazine ads is one thing, availability on the dealers' shelves is what matters. After hearing "it's coming out next month" for several months, I quit getting too excited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's coming, I think!!!!

Ricky T said:
Magazine ads is one thing, availability on the dealers' shelves is what matters. After hearing "it's coming out next month" for several months, I quit getting too excited.


Very true, but at least a step in the right direction. Somewhere out there, in the distant horizon, is a S & W M & P compact for me. Actually I've been hearing that they wouldn't come out until the end of the year or the 1st of next year or is that the 45? Patience, Damnit, patience!!! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
It's called "generating demand", and it's what marketers do for a living, bait us with magazine ads and web pages.



KelTec has had pix of their PF-9 on their web for freakin' EVER, like it was already out there on the shelves. The first 100 are just now hitting. (I've got a deposit on one, and should have one in my pocket by next week).



Yes, this business of whipping us up into a frenzy is aggravating.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I attended a vendor function last night at S & W. Shot the compact 9. Ser# MXX 0463 . One word SWEET! I was told that the first batch was being shipped today to a Company called Gander Mt. Let the fun begin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Oh Oh. I see a order from Bud's in the future. I really don't know how I can justify it. Hey, more free range bags. I'm in. See it didn't take me long to justify it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
BSTOCK said:
Oh Oh. I see a order from Bud's in the future. I really don't know how I can justify it. Hey, more free range bags. I'm in. See it didn't take me long to justify it.




where do you shoot your guns in RI?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
STi said:
[quote name='BSTOCK']Oh Oh. I see a order from Bud's in the future. I really don't know how I can justify it. Hey, more free range bags. I'm in. See it didn't take me long to justify it.




where do you shoot your guns in RI?[/quote]



I belong to the East Warren Rod & Gun Club and the Tiverton Rod & Gun Club. Both great clubs. East Warren has a heated shooting house so I can shoot year round. Tiverton has a longer rifle range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Sweet, we have a Gander Mountain in Charlotte (well Mooresville). Looks like a trip tomorrow to talk to those fine folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
BSTOCK said:
[quote name='STi'][quote name='BSTOCK']Oh Oh. I see a order from Bud's in the future. I really don't know how I can justify it. Hey, more free range bags. I'm in. See it didn't take me long to justify it.




where do you shoot your guns in RI?[/quote]



I belong to the East Warren Rod & Gun Club and the Tiverton Rod & Gun Club. Both great clubs. East Warren has a heated shooting house so I can shoot year round. Tiverton has a longer rifle range.[/quote]



great thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I posted this on another thread too, but just in case some haven't seen it.



Gander Mtn is showing the compact in 9mm for $499.99, in an add I recived today (Sat 10/21)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
GrimReaper said:
I posted this on another thread too, but just in case some haven't seen it.



Gander Mtn is showing the compact in 9mm for $499.99, in an add I recived today (Sat 10/21)


I hope we see the $370 price when the novelty wares off. Just checked Gunbroker. No compacts but the full size M&Ps are all in the $450 + range. :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top