MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and have a question for you CC types. I am looking hard at these two pistols: M&P Compact 9mm and Taurus PT145. I realize there will be some bias on this board, but honest opinions would be welcomed. I like the .45 as a CCW format, but I like the feel of the M&P compact a LITTLE better. The lack of a real safety on the M&P has me concerned. Ideas?

Todd

·
Registered
98 Posts
I answered in your other thread, but one thing I will add is, dont let the whole 9mm vs. 45 be such a large issue. Bullet size comes second to shot placement. Also, if you're going to be spending alot of time at the range, you'll appreciate the 9mm alot more as its much cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a PT145 for awhile and, while certainly a nice gun, replaced it with an M&P9c. I love 45's in general, but I find that my shot to shot recovery is way better with a 9mm. I also practice and feel more comfortable firing one handed from a defensive position (i.e. tucked in near my ribs) with the 9mm. Plus there is always the ammo cost factor... WWB is almost double in 45 what it is in 9mm, allowing me to practice more and increase my competence without breaking the bank.

The PT145 was completely reliable for me, though I have heard of users with different experiences. I can tell you that the PT has got some serious bark to it
. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts