MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I spoke with someone high up in the food chain @S&W, production of the compact is suppose to start this coming week and will ship out the week of 10/1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Z rider said:
Tonight I spoke with someone high up in the food chain @S&W, production of the compact is suppose to start this coming week and will ship out the week of 10/1

Good! I can't wait. Will the 9 or the 40 be first? Or, are they sending out both at the same time?

Is price to be same as full size?

·
Registered
323 Posts
The price I got from my local dealer for a M&P40 compact was $487.99. So I decided to wait a week or two and check the price again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
M&P Compact

Z rider said:
9 MM they make about 100 a day

I realize there is much involved in the manufacturing process, but at 100 a day, it will take a while to supply all the dealers!

·
Registered
464 Posts
How about something worthwhile like a .45?

·
Registered
138 Posts
so, the compacts should ship this week??

I hope the first person to get one can get us a picture on this site...

·
Registered
113 Posts
M&P compact ship dates

S&W still doesn't show them on their website (compact M&Ps).

I saw and held a sub-compact XD the other day, now I am torm between getting another M&P (this time the compact version), or getting the sub-compact XD.

I like the loaded chamber indicator better on the XD (you can feel it in the dark), and the fact that the striker sticks out the back on the XD when the gun is cocked, which you can feel in the dark too. I emailed S&W quite a while back asking them why they didn't include those, but never heard a response. I still think the sub-compact XD is really boxy looking though, with a 3" barrel. The M&P comaact, with a 3.5" barrel, and much smoother lines (slide shape, etc.) is more attartive and I"m sure both guns are great, but gee whiz, I am stumped right now. I think the paddle holster I already have for my 4" XD will fit the compact too, solving another issue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
XDs size is what turns me off to the firearm. When you start messing with 1911s, Glocks, Khars, Compact S&Ws they have size effencicy that's hard to beat for combat handguns.

Don't forget, who ever gets the first M&P Compact has to post a "real" picture here as soon as they get it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts