H&K P2000 14

S&W M&P 9 22

Springfield XD 20

Para-Ord LDA 21

See less See more
#3 ·
jeri534 said:
these scores are based on 5 shooters on a scale of 1-5

OK just to do a little critical evaluation: 5 shooters is hardly a large enough sample size to be statically significant by any one's standards.

Then even worse:

jeri534 said:
Sights

Glock 17 19
19/25 ? Glock sights? The test subjects must have been on crack

Sorry, just feeling a little cynical today.

#4 ·
One comment, they mentioned the Para Ord LDA, I've shot one of those, and it had the most incredible trigger action, and this was a stock pistol, I have shot revolvers competitively for a number of years, shooting PPC in the Master Class, and I was very impressed by that trigger, I would compare it to a match grade double action revolver with an extremely good trigger job.

#5 ·
I own two LDA's including a 1640 Limited that I used in USPSA Production. The trigger is very good but it has a veeerrrrryyyy long travel and reset and to my knowledge there is nothing to be done about it. The M&P isn't as light or smooth but can be manipulated in pull, length, and reset.

I'm not surprised at the M&P's good showing in this mini-test. I think we're on the cusp of seeing the pistol become a major player. Kudo's to us for being smart enough to own one before it becomes "fashionable."

#7 ·
Bloodnut said:
S&W will meet or exceed Glock's customer service
Having had considerable first hand as well as anecdotal experience with Smith's customer service, I think that's a given. I had the opportunity to put 3K rounds through both the .40 and the 9MM a few months ago. Our objective was to put the rounds downrange as quickly as possible in order to get the guns hot to see if they would choke. We got them hot alright, 140F IIRC for the .40, but couldn't stop them. The availability of the pistol in .45 puts it at the top of my buy list. IMO, perfection has been surpassed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.