MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate over 2000 flawless rounds through my M&P 9mm, I'm going to treat it to a nice bath. I thought you guys might want to see the small parts in this pistol. I'm going to do some trigger polishing while I have it apart.

·
Registered
131 Posts
YIKES!

YukonGlocker,

That is both impressive and SCARY!. I can field strip and clean my M&Ps, but I would be hard pressed to put them back together if I took them apart like you did. My compliments on your superior mechanical skills.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Okay YG! ... A Challenge! >;)

Close your eyes while I mix up all the parts! :twisted: MUAHAHAHAHA!

BTW, when you open your eyes I'll tell you that I've secretly swapped one of the parts with something from a Glock 17 ... and oh yes, did I forget to mention that one of the parts is also in my back pocket! :twisted: MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, did you find a guide to take it apart that far or did you just figure it out on your own?

I'm able to strip my Sigs down to that point but I also had an armorers video to guide me the first couple times. I'd like to be able to take my M&P down that far but am wary of doing so without some instruction.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't have a guide to go by. Knowing how a Glock is disassembled will help more than anything. I have worked on many guns over the years. And I have learned to just take it one piece at a time. Exploded drawings can help if you are not sure how a part is supposed to fit. Part of the enjoyment of the firearm, for me, is figuring out how every mechanical piece works; and why they do what they do.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Eddo36 said:
Nice. But I guess the warranty is voided on that one...

You've never heard of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts