MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got to say it: that laser looks very cool. Have not been carrying my M&P but this could turn the tide in its favor. Very nice work CTC.

Out West

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay I will try to get to everything in one post.

Jester - Great forum you have here, thanks for the kind words and PM replied to.

999 - Many confuse the diode housing being on the right side as being a right handed grip only, this is not the case. The diode housing is usually on the right side of most of our products because putting it on the left side the laser would be obstructed by the controls of most firearms. With the M&P this does not matter but it rides on the right side as that has become the traditional place for them now. Either way left handed folks are not out in the cold, if you shoot with open thumbs you might have to make a slight adjustment but that is about it.

Jeff 9mm M&P - Nice name :wink: . The MSRP is $329, the street price usually will end up lower than that. Once the LG-660 is released keep an eye on the internet and your local brick and mortar dealers, your best prices will usually come from price shopping both locally and via the web.

NCPatrolAR - Yes the LG-660 will feature a master on/off switch, as for the texture we don't advise it but several have done so with great success on our other products. For instance on this months GUNS magazine (I think it is on there) Nighthawk Custom had a set of our LG-401 grips textured specially. Again we don't recommend it but it has been done before and I imagine it will be again looking at Mr. Burwell's beautiful work.

Dan - What you will see at SHOT is a very basic bare bones prototype and nowhere near what the finished product will be. Although I drew the short straw and will be hanging back in Oregon for SHOT, please feel free to give my counterparts Jason, Nate, and Joe all kinds of hell, tell them I sent you.

Everyone else, thank you for the kind words! I must say this project has been very close to my heart because I am a big M&P fan, I can't tell you how hard it has been to keep quiet about it.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Jeff the M&P unit looks great. I'll be stopping by at SHOT to give them A look. As for the texturing guys, you have to be carefull. I have seen units trashed by people doing them that don't understand the electronic and thickness relationship. My company does the grips that Jeff spoke of for Nighthawk. I had done some for Jason at Crimson Trace and for Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers which as many of you know are the driving forces behind Nighthawk producing the Vickers signature gun. And by the way for those of you looking for a top notch 1911 it is one awsome piece of work. I have done alot of Crimson trace grips for variouse guns and the outcome is very nice. I will be doing quite a few for Nighthawk as a custom upgrade to the Vickers gun. If any of you will be at SHOT I am delivering some to Ron Phillips of Nighthawk so they will be at the booth for a look and feel. Again Jeff great job on the M&P unit. I know you guys have been busting your hump to get these out. I look forward to getting them on my guns and showing all my customers and students. CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
48 Posts
"The MSRP is $329, the street price usually will end up lower than that. "

LORD, I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anything for the Compact

Team CTC-Jeff said:
[quote name='shooter-55']Anything coming for the compact?

Not yet.

If the LG-660 does as well I think it will I would imagine that would be the next logical step though.
[/quote]

I hope sooner rather than later. As a CCW holder I'd be more likely to put on a compact for carry.

Course I don't know the pct LEO vs. civilian market for your grip laser products.

Well that's my .02 cents.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That picture just makes me drool. I really want to add one to my compact!! Its awsome to see companies producing accessories for these awsome weapons.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jeff,

Tell Joe that he needs to bring a demo for his buddies over at the PSTC! I must say that he was a good boy keeping his mouth shut about this when I probed him for info on this a month ago at the range. "I can neither confirm (wink wink) nor deny that we are working on any such project..." was I think the jist of what was said.

MC

PSTC Handgun Coach

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am well impressed with this! Fantastic work, and I love that it is so seamlessly integrated into the M&P. I had wondered when we would see this very model from Crimson Trace and had hoped you would be able to fit all of the electronics into the backstrap and you guys did wonderfully.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The laser grips and other small lasers have always been a bit pricey. What is out of the ordinary is the low price of the M&P. The CTC Glock units came down in price pretty quickly so hopefully we'll see these units at $250 or lower after they are out in quantity.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm a lefty too. Tried a G17 with the standard laser grip and my right palm/thumb covered the light. I gues it would work if I changed my grip, cupping my off hand underneath or just shooting one handed... but thats not likely to happen! A lefty version would be nice.

999 said:
I want one. That looks very cool.

I'm a south paw and would buy this right away if CTC has a version with the laser on the other side of the grip. Looks like the laser could interfere with my left thumb using side stop.

I might need to test before I buy.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great news!!!

I actually would be more interested in a CTL for my Compact than my full sized MP40 since it is my primary carry gun. 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw the post over on 10-8

Most impressive!

Any options for those of us who run the small grips?

unfortunately while i find the medium grips most comfortable, i shoot much better with the small grip

·
Registered
53 Posts
well there are many things that I have just learned to shoot over the years just cause I had to

the mediums are 'ok' for me...

Anyone taking pre-orders on this? Anyone expected to get a pre-release batch?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Team CTC-Jeff said:
It is based off the medium size backstrap but will have slight palmswells on the side which actually make it more comfortable. At least in my opinion, and I run the medium backstrap on my M&P9.

I normally run the small backstrap but in anticipation of these being released I switched to the medium to get used to the feel.

Are you all still on track for an "early summer" release?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Military discount???

With the price of $329.00 You should move the decimal one place to the left for an all out military discount/trial run!!! Whaddya say pretty please

21 - 40 of 56 Posts