MP-Pistol Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
how am i going to sneak buying that without my wife knowing...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd love to have a laser grip for my MP 9mm but I won't pay $329.00 plus tax and/or shipping, plus whatever else for a little laser light fitted to a formed polymer grip. I only paid $499.00 for my 9mm compact and $409.00 for my full sized MP 40.

Maybe when I win the lottery and money doesn't matter or I get so blind I can't see where I'm aiming I'll pay that much for such a simple device. I don't mind them making some money but I don't want to send their kids through college. :roll:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
TxPhantom said:
I don't mind them making some money but I don't want to send their kids through college. :roll:

You know brother my daughter could always use some help I will pm you my paypal account

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='TxPhantom']I don't mind them making some money but I don't want to send their kids through college. :roll:

You know brother my daughter could always use some help I will pm you my paypal account
[/quote]

You missed the point. I'M A TIGHTWAD!!!!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I know brother I am an enlisted man in the army
My wallet is so tight when I lose a business card my wallet lets me know :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
I know brother I am an enlisted man in the army
My wallet is so tight when I lose a business card my wallet lets me know :wink: :wink:

Know where you are coming from. Times change many things but some things never change. I remember when I was a E-3 at Ft Carson in Colorado by the last part of the month I had hocked my real nice heavy coat and watch to make it to next pay day and then I got my stuff out of hock. It was a never ending cycle. Beer and pizza was my big expense back then. :oops:

Believe it or not someday you will look back and think of today as the good old days. :roll:

Thanks for your service!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
So Jeff...what's the word on these? I've called one of the dealers for CTC here near Atlanta and they haven't heard anything as of yet of when they will see these. They are giving a call in to see what they can find out, but figured I'd see what ya know! Also any update on the price we will be expecting to see in the gun shops?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
TxPhantom said:
I'd love to have a laser grip for my MP 9mm but I won't pay $329.00 plus tax and/or shipping, plus whatever else for a little laser light fitted to a formed polymer grip. I only paid $499.00 for my 9mm compact and $409.00 for my full sized MP 40.

Maybe when I win the lottery and money doesn't matter or I get so blind I can't see where I'm aiming I'll pay that much for such a simple device. I don't mind them making some money but I don't want to send their kids through college. :roll:

10-4 TxPhantom, I couldn't agree more. See my previous post on this subject HERE.

Nobody ever did address why there is such a price disparity.

Guess the old adage "whatever the market will bear" applies.

·
Registered
372 Posts
csprick said:
[quote name='TxPhantom']I'd love to have a laser grip for my MP 9mm but I won't pay $329.00 plus tax and/or shipping, plus whatever else for a little laser light fitted to a formed polymer grip. I only paid $499.00 for my 9mm compact and $409.00 for my full sized MP 40.

10-4 TxPhantom, I couldn't agree more. See my previous post on this subject HERE.

Nobody ever did address why there is such a price disparity.

Guess the old adage "whatever the market will bear" applies.
[/quote]

A part of my old job had to do with P&L (Profit/Loss) and ROI analysis (Return on Investment), the price at wholesale is probably right where it should be for this kind of volume. (I don't know the wholesale price, but I can guess) There is quite a bit of R&D that happens for the grips to make sure that everything fits, doesn't wear out the electronics, and to make sure they can take thousands of peak impact loads from the firing of the rounds.

We are in a free market society. One of the joys of the market is that things will sell for a price that will be acceptable for those that purchase the product... or it will not sell and the price will change or the product will be discontinued. The market is self correcting.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
9-10-07 - LG-660 is shipping as of today!!!!

The initial run has all been sold to distributors, your dealer of choice should be able to order one from a distributor in about a week, figure on 3 weeks before it hits dealer's shelves.

We have a very small number of LG-660 models in stock for direct purchase, if you do not want to wait give our customer service team a call at 800-442-2406. The price is $329 + shipping direct from the factory.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Team CTC-Jeff said:
9-10-07 - LG-660 is shipping as of today!!!!

The initial run has all been sold to distributors, your dealer of choice should be able to order one from a distributor in about a week, figure on 3 weeks before it hits dealer's shelves.

We have a very small number of LG-660 models in stock for direct purchase, if you do not want to wait give our customer service team a call at 800-442-2406. The price is $329 + shipping direct from the factory.

Sweetness. I'm impatient so I called and the lady on the phone said it should ship out today, but tomorrow at the latest! Good deal! Got a set headed to Dan Burwell as we speak. Can't wait!

·
Registered
910 Posts
When you, me, and a couple hundred other people call and beg them to make one. They won't make it unless there's a demand for it. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The compacts wont be this year, next up is the XD and PPK/S among some others. However I would not be surprised to see it in 08.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts