MP-Pistol Forum banner

M&P Forum asked for it......

13K views 55 replies 39 participants last post by  Team CTC-Jeff 
#1 ·
.... and we listened.

http://forums.crimsontrace.com/index.php?topic=33297.0

Here is a copy of the press release which will be public at SHOT, you guys get the first look. I can't tell you how hard it has been to bite my tongue! :wink:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 11, 2007

Crimson Trace Announces New Lasergrips® for the Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol

Beaverton, OR —January 11, 2007: Crimson Trace will be debuting a revolutionary new Lasergrips model for several Smith & Wesson M&P pistols at this year’s SHOT Show in Orlando. The innovative LG-660 should be on dealer shelves in mid-2007. The LG-660 fits the M&P .40, 9mm, and .357 Sig calibers of pistols. Suggested retail price is $329.00.

The LG-660 is truly remarkable in its unique design. It replaces the stock M&P back strap grip insert and snaps into place in just a few seconds using existing factory parts. It is instinctively activated by a pressure switch built into the backstrap of the polymer Lasergrip. Simply grasping the firearm in a normal shooting grip activates the laser. All electrical components fit into the Lasergrip, which is the same size and shape of the original M&P back strap. This fully integrated laser sighting system is another Crimson Trace first in the marketplace.

There are two #2032 batteries located in the palm swell on the sides of the Lasergrips, providing over 4 hours of a constant-on beam time. The master switch is also located on the backstrap and uses a new touch sensor switch versus a mechanical switch as found on other Lasergrips. This allows the user to turn the unit on or off even while using gloves. Users simply press on hold the recessed pressure switch to turn the power on or off. The texture of the unit is almost identical to the stock S&W palm swell. Rubber overmolding on the backstrap covers the master on/off switch and the activation button, providing improved grip while shooting.

Another new feature of the LG-660 is that it uses a smaller 3.3mm diameter laser diode versus the standard 5.6 diameter diode that is found in all other brands of laser sighting devices. This results in a lower profile diode housing that emits the same brightness as one almost twice its size. As with all other Lasergrips, the LG-660 has both windage and elevation adjustments for shooters to make adjustments on their own. All Lasergrips come with an accessory pack that contains batteries, hex wrenches for laser adjustments, a cleaning cloth and several cleaning swabs. A three-year warranty is standard.

Lasergrips are made in the United States of America. Crimson Trace is the only manufacturer of grip-integrated laser sighting systems. Police, all branches of the U.S. Military, and responsible citizens worldwide use patented Lasergrips. Crimson Trace Lasergrips are recommended as an essential accessory by some of the world’s top firearm trainers. For more information, please contact us at 1-800-442-2406 or visit www.crimsontrace.com

See less See more
#10 ·
I wonder what width grip the laser grip is? I use the slim grip, but I would imagine that they would need to duplicate the mid size grip to fit all the componetry.

#16 ·
I want one. That looks very cool.

I'm a south paw and would buy this right away if CTC has a version with the laser on the other side of the grip. Looks like the laser could interfere with my left thumb using side stop.

I might need to test before I buy.

#19 ·
Jeff,

The grips look great, but I have two quick questions.

1. Is there, or will there be, an option for a kill switch like seen on the 1911/M9 models?

2. Will the body of the lasers with stand a texture treatment similar to the work done by Dan Burwell and Bowie Tactical?

Thanks

Chris

#20 ·
NCPatrolAR said:
2. Will the body of the lasers with stand a texture treatment similar to the work done by Dan Burwell and Bowie Tactical?
Chris I am not Jeff but I will take question #2:

I will get a good look at this next week at SHOT and let you know if I think I can do somehting with the texture. I know Mr. Bowie has done them on the Glock model, so if the ploymer is close to the same I am thinking it would be GTG.

#22 ·
Okay I will try to get to everything in one post.

Jester - Great forum you have here, thanks for the kind words and PM replied to.

999 - Many confuse the diode housing being on the right side as being a right handed grip only, this is not the case. The diode housing is usually on the right side of most of our products because putting it on the left side the laser would be obstructed by the controls of most firearms. With the M&P this does not matter but it rides on the right side as that has become the traditional place for them now. Either way left handed folks are not out in the cold, if you shoot with open thumbs you might have to make a slight adjustment but that is about it.

Jeff 9mm M&P - Nice name :wink: . The MSRP is $329, the street price usually will end up lower than that. Once the LG-660 is released keep an eye on the internet and your local brick and mortar dealers, your best prices will usually come from price shopping both locally and via the web.

NCPatrolAR - Yes the LG-660 will feature a master on/off switch, as for the texture we don't advise it but several have done so with great success on our other products. For instance on this months GUNS magazine (I think it is on there) Nighthawk Custom had a set of our LG-401 grips textured specially. Again we don't recommend it but it has been done before and I imagine it will be again looking at Mr. Burwell's beautiful work.

Dan - What you will see at SHOT is a very basic bare bones prototype and nowhere near what the finished product will be. Although I drew the short straw and will be hanging back in Oregon for SHOT, please feel free to give my counterparts Jason, Nate, and Joe all kinds of hell, tell them I sent you.

Everyone else, thank you for the kind words! I must say this project has been very close to my heart because I am a big M&P fan, I can't tell you how hard it has been to keep quiet about it.

#23 ·
Jeff the M&P unit looks great. I'll be stopping by at SHOT to give them A look. As for the texturing guys, you have to be carefull. I have seen units trashed by people doing them that don't understand the electronic and thickness relationship. My company does the grips that Jeff spoke of for Nighthawk. I had done some for Jason at Crimson Trace and for Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers which as many of you know are the driving forces behind Nighthawk producing the Vickers signature gun. And by the way for those of you looking for a top notch 1911 it is one awsome piece of work. I have done alot of Crimson trace grips for variouse guns and the outcome is very nice. I will be doing quite a few for Nighthawk as a custom upgrade to the Vickers gun. If any of you will be at SHOT I am delivering some to Ron Phillips of Nighthawk so they will be at the booth for a look and feel. Again Jeff great job on the M&P unit. I know you guys have been busting your hump to get these out. I look forward to getting them on my guns and showing all my customers and students. CHECK 360 David Bowie

#26 ·
Anything for the Compact

Team CTC-Jeff said:
[quote name='shooter-55']Anything coming for the compact?

Not yet.

If the LG-660 does as well I think it will I would imagine that would be the next logical step though.
[/quote]

I hope sooner rather than later. As a CCW holder I'd be more likely to put on a compact for carry.

Course I don't know the pct LEO vs. civilian market for your grip laser products.

Well that's my .02 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.