MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like everything about my 2.0 .40 shield. I've been looking for a full size .40 for capacity. Outta all the FS that I've researched, held and shot I keep coming back to the 2.0. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Accounting for accuracy, modularity, price, availability, penetration and damage and ergonomics in FS what would you guys go with: 9mm or 40; m&p2.0, Glock 23 what gen, HK vp40 ? As I have not picked up my 2.0 40 due to weather. I debated between 9 and 40, but I'm also leaning towards the 2.0
.40 and getting KKM OR Storm lake drop in 9mm and/or .357 sig barrel. Any opinions?

·
Registered
563 Posts
My opinion, and only my opinion, is for anything other than duty use I see no attraction to a 40 S&W and even less to a .357 SIG. They are harder recoiling, harder on the pistols and more expensive to reload. I've owned a couple of Glocks , both G17 and G19, and didn't care for the grip ergonomics or trigger pulls at all. No experience with HK.

I now have two 5" M&P9 2.0 full size, one is a CORE and the other is the plain version. I've installed Apex sears and striker blocks on both and am very happy with the ergos, accuracy, reliability and trigger pulls.

Several years ago I had one of the first M&P9 1.0 full size guns and, while it was OK, it had an occasional "dead trigger" issue and after a while I sold it. When the 2.0 was announced I decided to try S&W again and am very happy I did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My opinion, and only my opinion, is for anything other than duty use I see no attraction to a 40 S&W and even less to a .357 SIG. They are harder recoiling, harder on the pistols and more expensive to reload. I've owned a couple of Glocks , both G17 and G19, and didn't care for the grip ergonomics or trigger pulls at all. No experience with HK.

I now have two 5" M&P9 2.0 full size, one is a CORE and the other is the plain version. I've installed Apex sears and striker blocks on both and am very happy with the ergos, accuracy, reliability and trigger pulls.

Several years ago I had one of the first M&P9 1.0 full size guns and, while it was OK, it had an occasional "dead trigger" issue and after a while I sold it. When the 2.0 was announced I decided to try S&W again and am very happy I did.
Thanks for the feedback. As of today I now have a fs .40 sw 2.0 in which I already have plenty of ammo. I do plan on a 9mm conversion barrel or a FDE 9mm 2.0, but right now there is no 9mm ammo available here or in surrounding areas. So getting what I can while we can get it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Accounting for accuracy, modularity, price, availability, penetration and damage and ergonomics in FS what would you guys go with: 9mm or 40; m&p2.0, Glock 23 what gen, HK vp40 ? As I have not picked up my 2.0 40 due to weather. I debated between 9 and 40, but I'm also leaning towards the 2.0
.40 and getting KKM OR Storm lake drop in 9mm and/or .357 sig barrel. Any opinions?
I have the 40 1.0 with the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel. That is a fantastic add and shoots better than the 40 bbl for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts