MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a friend who just bought a used M&P full size in 40cal. This is a police trade in gun. The take down lever will not stay in place when attempting to break down the gun. It springs back into place. From what I can find online this is hit or miss with gen1 guns. I had a gen1 full size in 9mm and I believe I had the same problem but it eventually stopped.

Now the next problem, and the most aggravating one, is that the slide is stuck on the frame. He can't break the gun down to clean it. I have read that this could be the slide lock spring. My friend has looked around the take down lever and there is no spring showing. Most post that I have read showed pictures of the spring being visible. This one is not. I'm guessing that it still could be that issue. I thought I would ask this question and try to get more answers for him. I feel bad that I found this gun online and told him to buy it. Best gun on the market and for that price.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on?

What can we do to fix the issue?

Can any gunsmith fix this issue or is this something that needs to be sent back to Smith & Wesson?

I have an M&P 2.0 Compact and love the gun. It makes me miss my gen1 full size. I'm just not a full size gun, gun guy. It was an awesome gun and it got me away from carrying a Glock daily. I hope that I can help him fix this issue and for him to enjoy the gun as much as I do. He loves the way it feels in hand so that's a good start.

Thanks for any and all help that you can give.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A few questions:

What state is your friend located?

Has he tried pulling the trigger, even if the sear release is out?

Can you provide pictures of the serial# and looking into the ejection port with the slide locked back?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few questions:

What state is your friend located?

Has he tried pulling the trigger, even if the sear release is out?

Can you provide pictures of the serial# and looking into the ejection port with the slide locked back?
He is in TN and bought this gun online. He has pulled the trigger and tried to get it to release that way. He's done a combination of things and nothing has worked as of yet. I can trya nd get some pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts