MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pretty big guy (6'2") and for years carried a full-size 1911, but for a couple of years have been carrying a Glock because it's lighter and my back somehow hasn't gotten any stronger over the last 20 years. Now I have become a fan of my M&P45 and am considering converting over to it for daily CCW. Of course it's wider than the 1911, although only by about .2", I think.

Anybody regularly CCW with the M&P45? If so, I'd appreciate hearing of your experiences. I really like Wild Bill paddle holsters and have them for the 1911 and the Glock, and will likely get one for the M&P45 if I decide to carry it. (Right now I have a CQC SERPA, which I find unsatisfactory for anything except range use.) I also like IWB appendix carry for some guns and if I could find that style holster that would work for the M&P45, would probably try it.

I'm not going to get one of those holsters with a half-dozen straps and hooks; in my daily activities I have to remove my rig several times a day and I don't want to spend five minutes doing it each time.

It's also been suggested that I get an M&P9 for CCW, and I have considered that, although I am not convinced that the M&P9 is usefully smaller than the M&P45 (but if you have tried both and prefer the M&P9 for CCW, I would like to know your thoughts). And I may get an M&P9 anyway because...becuase...well, just because.

Thanks,

Whisper

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Can't speak for the 45 but I carry my 40 and have no problems. I use a leather pancake style holster!! Just start wearing it and you will get use to it!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
5 7 145 lbs with a full size mp40 in a highnoon iwb holster everyday, works fine for my, but driving can be a bit uncomfortable. But i have been wearing mine since last year when they first came out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
no problems from this big guy.

I'm 6' and embarrassingly about 275 lbs (this week)

I'm new to CCW and actually the M&P Fullsize 9mm is my first firearm ever.

I own two holsters, a thumbreak OWB and an IWB (as shown below)

I couldn't tell a difference in comfort level, but i feel less nervous carrying IWB because its just easier to conceal.

honestly, once i got used to carrying it, its almost like its not there.

//am i the fattest guy on the forum?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Micah, great information thanks for sharing...
I don’t think anyone he cares if you weigh more, we still love you because you shoot a M&P, not fit into 34" jeans... :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey mad212--We seem to be about the same size and i also have a fullsize mp40 so I would love a little more info on that holster you use, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts