MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever noticed that the gap between the front of the slide is a little more than the back of it ? I guess this is to make sure the dust cover (where the rail is) doesn't drag on the slide.

It's not a big difference but the dust cover of the receiver bends downward somewhat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
what they are trying to say is that this has been discussed b4.

its ok/normal. s&w designed it that way for cooling etc, etc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is it normal for me to be able to see from one side to the other under the slide on the back half? I can see daylight, and when I pull the trigger I can see the inner workings move.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Flyin_.45 said:
Is it normal for me to be able to see from one side to the other under the slide on the back half? I can see daylight, and when I pull the trigger I can see the inner workings move.
yep

·
Registered
312 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='Flyin_.45']Is it normal for me to be able to see from one side to the other under the slide on the back half? I can see daylight, and when I pull the trigger I can see the inner workings move.
yep[/quote]

Double yep. You can do the same thing with the pinnacle of perfection, da mighty Glock.

Shoot.. I used to have a revolver you could just about stick a finger thru the frame from one side to the other when the cylinder was closed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was talking about the gap is somewhat angled where the dustcover is. I'll file this under a by design feature. With my old Glock 17 you could bend the dustcover with your fingers at least the M&P it's a little more rigid..

·
Registered
498 Posts
jmr said:
I was talking about the gap is somewhat angled where the dustcover is. I'll file this under a by design feature. With my old Glock 17 you could bend the dustcover with your fingers at least the M&P it's a little more rigid..

Yes we know what you were talking about, and yes it is supposed to be that way. It was angled to help cooling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts