Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do a lot of people shoot M&P's in IPSC? I hope to get into it soon (have to change the clubs first) but think I will probably use my M&P9 in Production.

btw how do you pronounced IPSC; eep-sick or I pee-a$s-see
:oops:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Grey

If your in the US it's USPSA which is the americanized version of IPSC.

At our sectional match a weekend ago i was ro'ng a stage, saw probably 7 or 8 M&P's in various calibers.. Scott Waren was shooting a .40 i believe, Ernest Langdon was shooting a 9 i think if i recall correctly. I was shooting a 9, my friend Eric was shooting a 9, there were a few most i don't recall caliber though..

I still think though at our match the Glocks still held sway in Production.. though i did see the occasional CZ, Berretta.. Saw a nice young lady from Pureto Rico shooting a Steyr although she had just gotten DQ'd the stage prior to mine.

It's not a bad choice for USPSA by any means, you won't be handicapped by using it at all. Get the trigger nice and smooth, get 5 or 6 mags and go to town..

Good luck.

Mouse.

PS: I actually saw a Glock fail..
lol.. Jason Jones went to basically single shot on a stage for him, keep in mind it was pouring to beat the band most of the day.. seems like some gook got into the trigger assembly and wouldn't let the trigger reset.. He cleaned it and his mags and then burned down the two stages i was working.. :wink:

PSS: One thing about M&P's .. if the mags get dusty/dirty.. clean them or risk having them hang up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same here - I'm shooting one in production and will be sporting it in Tulsa this year at the Nationals. I expect to see several M&Ps there this year.

I'm still looking for the right mag carriers though. Everything I've tried so far has worked but doesn't feel right. I keep waiting for CR speed to make the correct insert for them. I may need to make my own in the interim.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Bryan W said:
Same here - I'm shooting one in production and will be sporting it in Tulsa this year at the Nationals. I expect to see several M&Ps there this year.

I'm still looking for the right mag carriers though. Everything I've tried so far has worked but doesn't feel right. I keep waiting for CR speed to make the correct insert for them. I may need to make my own in the interim.

Kytac mag carriers are the best.

David Elderton (Grand Master) from Edmond, Oklahoma is the owner/holster builder.

Second to none.

(Tell him YukonGlocker sent you.)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I really like David's stuff Yukon - But his wait time (based on previous orders) isn't worth the frustration.

Now, if you happen to have 4 of his single mag pouches for sale ready to go, that's a different story...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Id rather wait for the best , than settle., imo.

I have two 40 M&P's that Ill be shooting Lim-10 and production.

Both can be set of as either's backup, depending on which match I go shoot.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Bryan W said:
Yeah, I really like David's stuff Yukon - But his wait time (based on previous orders) isn't worth the frustration.

Now, if you happen to have 4 of his single mag pouches for sale ready to go, that's a different story...

I have 4 of his mag pouches; but they are NOT for sale!!! :wink:

I would call/e-mail him and explain what you are doing. Explain to him what you need and he may be able to help you out. I don't know what his schedule is like right now; but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I prefer IDPA.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Grey

Mousekiller said:
At our sectional match a weekend ago i was ro'ng a stage, saw probably 7 or 8 M&P's in various calibers.. Scott Waren was shooting a .40 i believe, Ernest Langdon was shooting a 9 i think if i recall correctly. I was shooting a 9, my friend Eric was shooting a 9, there were a few most i don't recall caliber though..

How does the MP40 fare against the MP9 in competitions like IPSC? I mean in production, 40cal's have a stronger recoil and less ammo compared to the 9MM...

I have a MP40 and planning to use it in IPSC but not sure which division (Production or Standard). In Production, I'd be against 9mm's (less recoil and 2to3 rounds more).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't shoot IPSC yet; but it's my understanding that in Production 9mm is king...since there's no major points when using .40S&W. Plus you can get on target a little faster with 9mm. I think you can have as many mags as you want; so I don't think number of rounds is the problem. Although with 9mm M&P you can shot more before reloading.

not sure about Standard but I think M&P is more of a Production gun....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Note that there are differences between IPSC and USPSA specially when it comes to the Production Division. In USPSA magazine capacity makes no difference because the division restricts mags to only 10 rounds loaded. This opens the division to a LOT more gun and you don't end up with everyone shooting the same 2 or 3 guns based on max capacity alone. Also, it makes the 40 perfectly usable without loosing capacity to the 9's. A lot of USPSA shooters reload their own ammo and 40 loaded to minor PF is a pleasure to shoot. Getting back on target is not an issue of ammunition for the most part, it has more to do with your grip and firearm design. I've switched from a steel framed CZ in 9mm to a plastic MP40 and there is no difference in return to target. And every now and then that bigger whole will get you a couple of extra points too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='Bryan W']Yeah, I really like David's stuff Yukon - But his wait time (based on previous orders) isn't worth the frustration.

I have 4 of his mag pouches; but they are NOT for sale!!! :wink:

I would call/e-mail him and explain what you are doing. Explain to him what you need and he may be able to help you out. I don't know what his schedule is like right now; but it's worth a try.[/quote]

KYTAC pouches and holsters are nice. However, it takes ages for it to deliver. Since this is a one man store and the owner David Elderton are very hard to contact. He use lots of his time in competition shooting; therefore,may lack of time to complete the orders on time. A person had mentioned that he wait one year for a holster from Kytac!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts