MP-Pistol Forum banner

M&P made in Brazil. LOL

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  YukonGlocker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nice catch...

#4 ·
It's kind of funny the guy suggests that S&W is copying Taurus when the MP pistol came out a long time BEFORE the Taurus, if anything Taurus is copying S&W, of course they have been doing that for a very long time.

#5 ·
M&P definitely didn’t come out before 24/7; the 4in model has been out long before the M&P and the 24/7 OSS is just a ‘tactical’ version of the gun… :wink:

I think the copying works both ways; I mean S&W’s X Frame is claerly a Raging Bull's knock off

I wouldn't call M&P 100% original in fact I got mine because it reminds me of other guns I like: I.e. the lighting cut on the slide were definitely inspired by Sig and HK, the slide at the muzzle reminds me of 92FS and trigger is all Glock/XD. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

#6 ·
No the 24/7 has been out for quite some time, but the new OSS model they are talking about is new. Taurus has been copying S&W revolvers for a very long time, they even went so far as to name the mid size frame models 65 and 66 which S&W offered for a very long time.

#11 ·
Tauruis revolvers that look like a copy of S&W revolvers sort of are, but not ina bad way. They bought old S&W tooling and the rights to manufacture them. Nothing shady about it, and they don't try to outright clone them, which is good.

As for the manufacture of parts, from feedback of people who have toured S&W, the metal components are mostly CNC made by a a bunch of window watchers in the US. That doesn't mean they might not be CNCed out of forgings made elsewhere though. As for the frames, who knows.

As for quality control, taurus has improved, but I'd honestly have to say S&W is ahead.

however, the fact that a gun is a polymer frame, comes in desert tan, and complies with the joint forces pistol contract requirements doesn't mean anything about their origin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.