MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Pro Mags any good? I'm going to buy a few extra mags for my 45, and found these were cheaper, but "you get what you pay for thought" is haunting me!

·
Site Staff
9,585 Posts
You will find a variety of opinions, but the majority of people who have tried them at one time or another, don't waste your money. If you shop around genuine factory mags can be found at somewhat more reasonable prices, just stay off ebay, the home of cheap copies sold as genuine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a cousin that buys promags.

He also calls me to find out when I'll be home next so we can try to figure out why his pistols won't feed correctly and work on the magazines to try to get them to feed.

Sometimes you can correct problems (mags. won't lock into a pistol or won't fall out, or the feed lips won't hold the next round in place, or the angle is wrong, etc.)

·
Registered
240 Posts
You'll get a few people that say they have had no problems with their Promags, but the general concensus is that they are crap.
I bought a slightly used Mini-30 last spring that came with 2 of them, after a couple of insertions, the front catch hole became elongated to the point they wouldn't stay in the rifle. They went into the trash can. No big deal, I already had 12 of the good Ruger factory 20's and 8 of the excellent KCI 30 rounders that I use in my other Mini-30's.
I thought if the Promags functioned, I'd use them as range mags, but they never even made it to the range.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I more or less thought they wouldn't live up to S&W standards. Just looking at options for now, but I'm going to stick with factory mags.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I realize you’ve been talked out of the Pro Mags because everyone here thinks their crap. But I can testify that I shoot competitively and use 3 to 4 each match and have no problems. So I guess I’m one of those guys they mentioned would say I have no issues. FYI, I use 9mm mags. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I shoot competitively also and bought some of their big stick mags. They work flawlessly. I've used them for years.

FWIW, I read the same reviews on other forums so bought them knowing that I probably wouldn't buy more than the few test mags. I was surprised that they worked as well as they do.

Reactions: CNC1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a couple of ProMags for my M&P 9L 1.0 and they work and look great. I like them better than the OEM because the springs are lighter and makes them easy to load. When there are in the gun you can't even tell which mag you have loaded. Worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
S&W M&P 45acp mags Natchez

I bought a LE trade in at my LGS last week. I 'd been eyeball it for a couple of weeks. Early last week (maybe the week before) I received an email ad from Natchez listing mags they have for sale. The list included new S&W brand mags for the M&P 45acp @ 14.99.

I called to order and was informed the price was a mistake. I inquired what would the cost, was put on hold for awhile, and was informed they would sell them to me for 19.99 each (ordered two).

They came in and really nice. Seems like this was a pretty good price.

Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
Botach has the FDE sleeved/based 14 round .45 magazines on sale (or did have a few days ago) for about $9 each. I ordered 6 and they came in today. If that "Compact" M&P 2.0 .45 keeps impressing me with the groups it shoots, sooner or later I may be forced to buy a 5" if they ever put one out to match the 9MM and .40 models.

Also ordered 5 of the 17 round 9MM magazines for $19.95 each and got those, too. But, they sold out shortly after I ordered mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts