MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the M&P Metal/M&P10/M&P9 Optics Ready all have the Shield Plus style trigger. I would much rather have that trigger on my M&P9C M2.0 than the Apex triggers. Is it possible to order the trigger from S&W? Like just the part? Or would I need a serial number form an O.R. or metal? Or will they just refuse to sell parts to anyone outside of a known gun smith? I am guessing that the M&P9 Optic ready is basically the same as the M&P9 M2.0 but with upgraded trigger and slide cut so I'm hoping it would be a drop in part.

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
Sent you a Conversation on were to acquire the trigger you seek.
I assume you haven't bought the M&P Metal OR YET?
Or just kicking the idea around.

GOOD LUCK & Welcome to the MP-Forum @2aTheDayAway
Gary/Hk
I Support the Current Thing TOO!
😁 🤟

S&W = SAW will only sell you parts that can be swapped during a field strip minus the barrel, = Recoil Spring assembly, + sights & few internal parts under the rear sight +
They are just funny about such things
lately.
20+ years ago I could get them to sell me firing pins, end shake screws, hands etc. for revolvers which I was into back then.
They either do this to assure a Gunsmith is doing the repair OR just to be a PITA. Liability I should say...

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sent you a Conversation on were to acquire the trigger you seek.
I assume you haven't bought the M&P Metal OR YET?
Or just kicking the idea around.

GOOD LUCK & Welcome to the MP-Forum @2aTheDayAway
Gary/Hk
I Support the Current Thing TOO!
😁 🤟

S&W = SAW will only sell you parts that can be swapped during a field strip minus the barrel, = Recoil Spring assembly, + sights & few internal parts under the rear sight +
They are just funny about such things
lately.
20+ years ago I could get them to sell me firing pins, end shake screws, hands etc. for revolvers which I was into back then.
They either do this to assure a Gunsmith is doing the repair OR just to be a PITA. Liability I should say...
I wish I could afford a METAL. Or even an M2.0 OR version. I found the M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" 15+1 version on sale for $350 brand new so I had to buy it. I figured it was so cheap because there was a new version coming out soon so they were clearing out stock. I actually really like the pistol in its current form, I don't mind the hinged trigger but I have a flat faced trigger on my SD9VE that I love, and I love my Shield Plus trigger so if I could find the factory flat faced trigger I'd be super happy but alas that seems to be not in the cards.... For now. I'll probably just get the apex trigger. Do you have to replace any springs with the apex trigger or can you just swap the trigger itself and it be fine?

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
You can use any spring you like with any trigger you use

1) Striker Spring
2) Sear Spring
3) Trigger Return Spring
4) Striker Safety Spring

The Hyve trigger has pre & overtravel adjustments IIRC

I put an Apex Polymer Trigger Kit in my S&W SD9 FDE & it sure is nice (y)

USED M&P9c & they want $459 for it = $350 NEW is a steal IMO
Same place had a Shield M2.0 for $300

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use any spring you like with any trigger you use

1) Striker Spring
2) Sear Spring
3) Trigger Return Spring
4) Striker Safety Spring

The Hyve trigger has pre & overtravel adjustments IIRC

I put an Apex Polymer Trigger Kit in my S&W SD9 FDE & it sure is nice (y)

USED M&P9c & they want $459 for it = $350 NEW is a steal IMO
Same place had a Shield M2.0 for $300
I got my shield plus range kit from Bass pro for $400 brand new, I thought that was a good deal. I think they still have the range kit on sale for $400 and you can get it with or without safety. It comes with the Shield plus, 10 round mag, 13 round mag, bag, safety glasses, and ear protection. So when the M&P9 came up for $350 I had to jump, figured I wouldn't see that price for a very long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts