MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually it doesn't but that's the gun my sons shoot in USPSA limited division. If it was produced, would you buy a magwell for your M&P?

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Since it's a double stack magazine that tapers at the top, I can't see any need for one at all.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
G56 said:
Since it's a double stack magazine that tapers at the top, I can't see any need for one at all.
That doesn't stop thousands of guys from slapping them on their high cap SVI/STIs. I can be includded in with those guys. While you are right it doesn't really need one, it saves that one in a hundred poor reload form being a disaster during a stage.

I am in no hurry for one just yet, but as soon as the 5in M&P comes out and/or I finish my M&P9 open gun then I will be bugging the heck out of Kenny.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nemo said:
Actually it doesn't but that's the gun my sons shoot in USPSA limited division. If it was produced, would you buy a magwell for your M&P?

No, I wouldn't get one. Just don't see the need for it given the large opening that exists now.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well the large magwells perform two functions for a lot of people. It gives you a ginormous opening for the magazine, but it also wedges your hand into a high grip.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ipsc-ers will say yes, normal M&P owners will say no.

I say YES!

·
Registered
103 Posts
For a game gun, a magwell is pretty much a necessity. For a real world gun, stay the hell away. When I carried an STI, my game gun had a mag well, my carry gun did not. As Dan stated, it speeds up reloads and can prevent a slight error in aim from being a total disaster during a stage. While practicing for a match, I won't use a mag well, just to work on getting the motions correct. When I head to the match, the magwell goes on. Just my $.02

Monte

1 - 7 of 7 Posts