MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not now nor ever have been in the military or a police department. So how about S&W starts a "new" model called the "C&A" (Civilian and Armed) for all us just plain ol' Armed Citizens! It will be exactly the same gun, just a different little logo on the slide. We can have some real fun here thinking up the new model name. But yeah, I know, it's a "marketing" thing. It's just that it bugs the "libertarian" part of me. Not enough, of course, to keep me from going out and buying 3 of the pistols! Thanks for letting me vent. And lastly and most importantly, not a bit of this was in any way meant to demean or belittle those of you who are M&P.

----Wyley

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
NOT...

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's all about marketing;

S&W designed the gun to attract new contracts; if they get LEO's and GI's to use the gun, regular Joes will want the gun because so and so thes it... :wink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The M&P name has a long history at S&W, so it's not hard to see why they would like to cast a mantle of tradition around this gun. Also, it doesn't hurt in efforts to secure military and police contracts.

Just be grateful that S&W doesn't have the same attitude toward civilian customers that HK does.

Whisper

·
Registered
757 Posts
B.A.M.F.

God help you if you ever have to use it in self defense if you get that engraved. And, by the way, don't put anything on a website you wouldn't want to see on the front page of a major newspaper attached to your name.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Whisper said:
The M&P name has a long history at S&W, so it's not hard to see why they would like to cast a mantle of tradition around this gun. Also, it doesn't hurt in efforts to secure military and police contracts....Whisper

A Pair Of M&P's

[/b]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts