MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question. Going to get the full gun. After doing the match, the frame will come out to an extra $300, plus I wanted the CORE without the porting.

Typing it out helps you make up your mind easier...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
LOL.... i agree, and yes your much better off just buying the whole PC gun. At least you`ll know whatcha`got when your done.

Not many of those kits are available either... i`ve been trying to buy the PC 4.5 slide kit, without the frame safety and no mag safety.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shot with my 5" PC slide kit today. IDK how much is related to the ports and how much is related to the longer slide, but this has noticeably less muzzle flip compared to the stock slide; not that the 4.25" has much flip to begin with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... i`ve been trying to buy the PC 4.5 slide kit, without the frame safety and no mag safety.
Do you know the difference between the slide with no mag safety and the one with the mag safety? I'm think its only the warning label on the side of the slide. I bought my M&P9FS with the mag safety but removed it. The slide works the same before and after.

Called S&W PC rep and didn't know either.

Changed my mind and ordered PC 5" slide kit...too many reasons to name them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Went to my LGR and compared my slide to a regular no mag safety and they look the same. I truly believe the only difference is the slide with no mag safety has the warning on the slide.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Do you know the difference between the slide with no mag safety and the one with the mag safety? I'm think its only the warning label on the side of the slide. I bought my M&P9FS with the mag safety but removed it. The slide works the same before and after.

Called S&W PC rep and didn't know either.

Changed my mind and ordered PC 5" slide kit...too many reasons to name them.
I know the sear housing block is different, and they have different ejectors.
The slides may be clearenced differently due to different ejectors. (???)
Other than that, i`m not seeing anything else different.

I`ll try to post a picture of 2 M&P`s, one with, one without the safety`s

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I was afraid to use the "quote" function so I just cropped part of the photo only to point out that the extractor retaining pin should not be elevated above the surface of the slide, rather flush or slightly recessed.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was afraid to use the "quote" function so I just cropped part of the photo only to point out that the extractor retaining pin should not be elevated above the surface of the slide, rather flush...

I have to take some material off the pin. I had the slide milled for RMR and that's why it looks like that. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
M&P Performance Center Slide Kit

Spoke with a gunsmith in the tech department at Smith and Wesson and he told me the only difference is the safety warning on the slide. Other than that, the slides are identical.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I was really scared to use the "quote" function too... so i hope people will be able to figure out who this text replies to.

Nice to know ramnj, now if i buy another kit, i`ll order the one without the writing on the side of it. Thank you for researching it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
:D
Wish I would of done the same. I ordered the PC slide with the writing. Too late.

What's the problem with the quote?
Nothing at all just a unhappy poster flew off the rails when someone used the Quote function.

Wonder how he feels about the over use of smiles :rant::sleeping::dry::no:stuart::huh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts