MP-Pistol Forum banner
701 - 720 of 1306 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pretty simple process

1. Clean area with rubbing alcohol
2. Use Fingernail Polish in color of choice ( recommend white as a base before adding another color)
3. When adding the color be sure to press the polish in to all the grooves using the brush.
4. Give about 30-45sec to dry and then wipe off excess using non acetone fingernail polish remover.
5. Apply 2nd coat if you feel its necessary or if some of the color comes out when wiping off excess.
6. Oil gun to protect the color.
7. Enjoy :evil:
I have started using cotton swabs to apply.
I mix 2 colors, grey and white to get the muted white or light gray that I want.
Applying with cotton swabs is less messy for me, and seems easier to control that using the included brush.
2 coats on fine etchings like the S&W emblem.
Allow sufficient dry time before next step.
Apply,
let dry,
clean off excess with non-acetone cleaner
wipe down to remove cleaner,
apply second coat.
Most important that is not usually mentioned, allow sufficient dry time before cleaning excess.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have started using cotton swabs to apply.
I mix 2 colors, grey and white to get the muted white or light gray that I want.
Applying with cotton swabs is less messy for me, and seems easier to control that using the included brush.
2 coats on fine etchings like the S&W emblem.
Allow sufficient dry time before next step.
Apply,
let dry,
clean off excess with non-acetone cleaner
wipe down to remove cleaner,
apply second coat.
Most important that is not usually mentioned, allow sufficient dry time before cleaning excess.
I've recently ordered some FDE parts from A2 Stippling. Any idea of colors to mix to get that FDE color? I'm thinking it'll look good if the letters match it, nice little touch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've recently ordered some FDE parts from A2 Stippling. Any idea of colors to mix to get that FDE color? I'm thinking it'll look good if the letters match it, nice little touch.
You just have to start hanging around the nail polish displays.;)

Seriously, you have to find close colors and experiment with mixing different ones to come up wit the desired color.

You may even find exactly the color you want, but don't count on it.

The other part is he cost. I am not going to pay an excessive amount for nail polish that may not even get used if the color doesn't work. I try to limit myself to less than $4.

Put a color on, don't like it, remove with the non-acetone nail polish remover and paper towel or cotton swab. Use a toothbrush or other similar soft nylon brush to remove color from fine lines.

BTW, I have the full #8 set from A2. I went ahead with black for my black FS 40. It looks awesome.:clap:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fall 2011 Nail Polish Trend – Military Greens

This might be a good article to start with on military nail polish colors. Unfortunately they don't offer a solution to the FDE, but OD Green is well represented.
I know nail polish is recommended by many, but do you think if I took my grip into Lowes or something and had them match it. Do you think a normal paint would be ok?

·
Registered
8,354 Posts

This might be a good article to start with on military nail polish colors. Unfortunately they don't offer a solution to the FDE, but OD Green is well represented.

You could check out Essie "Master Plan", or Ultra "Set the Nude" (kinda hurts to say that in present company). Both of those have a FDE quality to them.

·
Registered
126 Posts

You could check out Essie "Master Plan", or Ultra "Set the Nude" (kinda hurts to say that in present company). Both of those have a FDE quality to them.
Welll most of them are outside my price wheelhouse,
but this one; Finger Paints Military Green ($4.99, SallyBeauty.com) is close.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love the FDE backstrap and base....

Brown Handgun holster Leather Gun accessory

...in a Bianchi....makes me tear up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My .40FS. Its now my CCW and I moved the 1911 to second slot.

Got it new and added the thumb safety, Hogue Handall, stippled the frame, Ameriglo Hack sights and obviously the TLR-1s. My EDC setup.

REALLY love this gun!! By far my fave till now and I was really in love with the 1911 platform.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My .40FS. Its now my CCW and I moved the 1911 to second slot.

Got it new and added the thumb safety, Hogue Handall, stippled the frame, Ameriglo Hack sights and obviously the TLR-1s. My EDC setup.

REALLY love this gun!! By far my fave till now and I was really in love with the 1911 platform.

Which holster you running? And how's it working for you? About to finally move to a gun friendly state! So ill be needing a good holster for my FS!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Which holster you running? And how's it working for you? About to finally move to a gun friendly state! So ill be needing a good holster for my FS!
Bravo Concealment holster, very nice holster, slight mod by me to fit the thumb safety and adjust tension on the draw. There's a pic of the thumb safety mod in the thread about Bravo holsters.

The mag holder is off eBay. Stumbled on the guy when I was looking for one for my 1911. He does REALLY good work. The tension on the mags is adjustable.

The belt is an Ares Ranger Enhanced. By far the best belt I've ever owned. Not cheap but WELL worth the money. This is my second one, the first I still have and it's almost 3 years old. I needed a new belt for work so I moved the old one to my work gear and put this on my EDC.

I'm 230lbs 5'10" and it conceals very easy under a loose fitting tee shirt or anything heavier than that. I've carried this while wearing shorts too and have no problem. Not deep concealment but unless they really look for it I'm fine.

701 - 720 of 1306 Posts