MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My neighbor came over all grins and giggles today to show me his new 40 Pro and said it was my fault as I let him shoot mine. He said but he thought it had a stiffer break than he thought it would after shooting mine. (which is 4.8#). Long story short, I put it on a Lyman gauge and sure enough it broke right at 7#'s.

My question is, is this considered normal for NIB Pro. I know it will no doubt smooth out, etc after cleaning. rounds down range, but am curious about your experiences. My Pro was 5# OOB so it has come down .2# after almost 1000 rounds.

Thoughts? I know he could go the APEX route but he's (and me) hoping he won't have to since the trigger is suppose to be much better on the Pro.

It's new old stock with a test date 3/16/12.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
What is the SKU?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will have to look at case but if I think 178036. S/N was DXJ0xxx.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I think he might ask S&W about it, since they advertise the Pro trigger to be between 4-5.5 lbs. Just curious Jason, why would the SKU number make a difference?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I think he might ask S&W about it, since they advertise the Pro trigger to be between 4-5.5 lbs. Just curious Jason, why would the SKU number make a difference?
Just wondering due to oddball overrun special order SKUs out there.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Doesn't Smith and Wesson's have different SKU's for Massachusetts guns? My 40 pro broke at a little over 5 pounds new. I put the Apex FSS kits and their RAMs (just my preference) in all of my FS pistols and they all break at around 4 pounds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out the sku is 178036. As Keeter mentioned, I wondered if it had to do with a MA thing. Guess unless anyone has other thoughts I'll tell him to call customer service.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I'm not aware of any MA compliant M&P Pro SKUs. Send to S&W, shoot it, drop in Apex goodies or do a DIY trigger job.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I guess I'll be doing an APEX job for him if Smith has nothing to say and he puts a few hundred down range to see if that changes it. Enjoy doing that stuff anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dont' know about Sku numbers but I put the apex top end trigger in my Pro 40 and happy as a pig in slop, Its everything you want in a trigger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not aware of any MA compliant M&P Pro SKUs. Send to S&W, shoot it, drop in Apex goodies or do a DIY trigger job.
I agree. Put a few hundred rounds down range and then you might want to try polishing up the necessary parts. I have nothing against Apex, in fact I have them in both my M&P's, but I read another thread a week ago The Perfect M&P: My Build Journal. Nor sure what the trigger pull came in at, but I'd be willing to bet it would drop it down a little over 1 lb. Just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts