MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time lurker, first time posting. I bought an m&p pro 5" in December 2012. I know there is tons of info online about m&p and their reset and how some people think it sucks especially glock lovers. I am having an issue where it will click like it is reset but then it is not and there is no tension in the trigger. I will have to let it out more before it is actually reset. And sometimes(this s what really bothers me) I will ride the reset out to the click, there will be tension on the trigger like it has reset, and then when the trigger is pulled it will click but it does nothing as far as the sear. I made a quick video of it and I would like some feedback on it if anyone would be willing to help me out. I have felt other pro series guns and recently a c.o.r.e and they did not have the same issues as mine. no phantom or false reset. I just don't know if I should bother sending it back to Smith or just go with all new apex parts. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks,

m&p pro phantom reset - YouTube

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
+2. I too would like to know if the O.P. has shot the firearm yet.

What you're hearing is the "False Reset" when the trigger bar comes over the edge of the striker block. It usually doesn't last past the first case of ammo, but the APEX USB should take care of it now.

That was a really ugly sounding trigger pull, I recommend installing the APEX DCAEK kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put about 650 rounds thru it prior to the video. I recently "fixed" the problem. I went with the apex comp trigger kit. The false reset went away with the apex hard sear only, i later put the rest in but i left the stock trigger return spring in.The rest of the kit is just a bonus now. I also added the ram. It made it reset more tactile, but the sear fixed the false aspect of the trigger getting stuck. I've dry fired about 200 times sice the upgrade and put 200 rds thru with zero issues. Considering the video shows the false reset happen a bunch of times in a short period of time the results more than I hoped for. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts