MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'll ask again. Does anyone know if they plan on doing the 5" barreled Pro Series M&P? I would love to have a 5" M&P9 to take to the range.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: Waiting... waiting... waiting...

Nemo said:

I hope "eventually" is before the end of the year. I will need a new LIMITED gun after the nationals.[/quote]

Yeah, but I don't know of anyone who ahs gotten the mags to hold more than 18+1 in .40. With 20+1 being the gold standard, that could be a bit of a disadvantage on 19-21 round stages.

So far i know jester made some out of plastic.. got 18+1 for 140mm IIRC.

novak handgunners outlet did some.. got 18+1..

Then there is that other guy who makes the base pads that I'm totally blanking on. Makes them for glocks and CZs where the retaining mechanism is an aluminum plate you screw on the back. Can't remember the name. Heard rumors he was working on ones for M&Ps. No idea on capacity.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That would be Robin Taylor of taylorfreelance. In a phone conversation he stated he is working on M&P extensions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: Waiting... waiting... waiting...

raz-0 said:
Yeah, but I don't know of anyone who ahs gotten the mags to hold more than 18+1 in .40. With 20+1 being the gold standard, that could be a bit of a disadvantage on 19-21 round stages.

So far i know jester made some out of plastic.. got 18+1 for 140mm IIRC.

novak handgunners outlet did some.. got 18+1..

Then there is that other guy who makes the base pads that I'm totally blanking on. Makes them for glocks and CZs where the retaining mechanism is an aluminum plate you screw on the back. Can't remember the name. Heard rumors he was working on ones for M&Ps. No idea on capacity.

I'd have to compare the length of a Glock 22 mag with the M&P's, but if a Glock can get to 20 with Arredondo's pad, I belive the Smith can get pretty close. I saw Jester's base pad at SSS and, although I didn't run 'em through the USPSA mag gauge, I believe he can go a little longer and get maybe another round in there.

I can only wait.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any news on the M&P PRO?

·
Registered
80 Posts
M&P Australia said:
[quote name='Nemo']Any news on the M&P PRO?

I'm told late July early August for production start of the Pro 9mm.[/quote]

What, no 40's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts