MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out cruising around Daytona during Bike Week this weekend, and we saw a side event/trader's corner sort of thing just outside of town. I pull up to the man at the entrance who was wearing a full size M&P hanging off his belt OWB. I quickly asked and told him I was a new owner of one and gave a thumbs up. He wasn't LEO but I'm guessing he was exercising the part of the law in Florida that allows open carry on your property or your place of employment. They were collecting money so I didn't go in.

It's the first M&P I've seen being carried so far. I've been taking note of who's carrying what around here, mostly out of curiosity. The LEO's seem to be carrying Sigs and Rugers mostly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, he was in civillian clothes, and it's the first time I'd seen someone in regular jeans and a t-shirt with a pistol hanging off the hip down here in Florida. And yes I was staring...Thus, he was a little nervous that I was looking at it, until I told him I recognized it.

I'm not 100% clear on the law regarding open carry down here, but I *think it's allowed on your own property or your business...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here in Missouri we have a new concealed carry law, just passed about two years ago but its been legal to carry openly for as long as hell. The only problem with it is the fact that it would draw WAY too much attention, both from the genpop and from the cops. Hell, they don't like it if you carry one in your car or if you have a CC permit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts