MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have an M&P "1.0" full size 9 mm and I just purchased a brand new M&P 2.0 compact .40 3.6". I love both of these guns but I want to do a little upgrading. On the M&P 9mm full size the old night sights are done. They have no more life in them at all. So I'd like to replace them with something but I'm not sure what would be the best type or the best brand. I have been looking at fiber optic, maybe green on the front and red on the rear. I'm almost 62 years and my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be so I'm getting new glasses but I want sights that are good for old eyes. Something I can get on quickly and that give a sharp, clear sight picture in different kinds of light. Also do all M&P sights interchange? Shield, 1.0, 2.0, compact and full size?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dawson Precision makes a good set of FO sights for the M&P I have them on my 5" pro ported only draw back is they will get dirty from the gas ports being so close to the sight

Also have a set of Hackthrorns on my M&P compact They shine like a diamond in a goats ass during the day and the tridioum does a good job at night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the trijicons on my shield and the truglo pros on my full-size. I like them both a lot. I really like the truglos for the fiber optic in the daytime. They are really nice. But I don’t think you could go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have 2 LE trade in FS 1.0 M&P 40's. One was made in November 2015 and the other, June 2016. They both have Meprolight night sights and both glow like lasers in the dark. These are my 1st pistols to have night sights on them. I just recently bought a LE trade in Glock Gen 3 G21 and it was made in February 2015. It has TruGlo night sights on it, and they too are like lasers in the dark. The rear is Orange, which I don't like, and the front is green, which I like a lot.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm 62 and have Tru-Glo's on all 3 of my M&P's. I can see them really well. I've gotten so used to them that yesterday, I was down visiting a friend and shot his 1911 and a couple of his Ruger MK III .22's that had plain black sights.
I had some trouble getting a good sight picture with all of them, but then I shot my .45 Shield with the Tru-Glo's and everything was well again.
Tritium and fiber optic, best of both worlds. Now some wise-arse will come along and say you shouldn't be using sights, just point and shoot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Trijicon HD Night Sights on most of my M&Ps but it sounds like Tru-Glo's may be a better fit for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you want a fast, easy to find and align sights, go to XS sights, get the big dot and the tritium rear, you "Dot the I" to shoot them. I put a set on my wife's 380EZ, all the white dots messed with her sight alignment. I bought a new pistol that has a orange front sight, with a tritium dot, with a blacked out rear "u" shaped sight. I didn't think I would like it at first, but after using it, I will be changing out my sights on my M&P 45 to copy these. Very quick to get on target, without all the 3 dot crap.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Thinking about the Truglo TFO fiber optic night sights. Pro's and con's?
Think Truglo TFX (my favorite) or TFX Pro instead. With TFO you need to be careful with gun solvents/cleaners, with TFX not so much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you want a fast, easy to find and align sights, go to XS sights, get the big dot and the tritium rear, you "Dot the I" to shoot them. I put a set on my wife's 380EZ, all the white dots messed with her sight alignment. I bought a new pistol that has a orange front sight, with a tritium dot, with a blacked out rear "u" shaped sight. I didn't think I would like it at first, but after using it, I will be changing out my sights on my M&P 45 to copy these. Very quick to get on target, without all the 3 dot crap.
XS Big Dot sights are great. I installed some on my G17 and it was like night and day between them and the factory sights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts