MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my new gun.. but I have a concern. Other than the trigger safety.. which to me seems kind of inefective.. what other safety mechanisms (besides the one between my ears) does this gun have.. and how do they work?

I ask this, because I recieved my new "Smart Carry" holster yesterday. My primary carry right now is an XD 45acp. Holstering in this fashion is no worry with the XD.. but I am a little concerned about carrying this way with the M&P. With the XD, there is the grip safety.. I can push the gun into the holster with my thumb.. no chance it can blow my "you know what's" off!! I am not sure I have the same confidence with the M&P.

Raymond

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know how much Yak manure lies on the hills of the Himalayas? Or the acidity of Bat guano? Those seem like better questions than the one I asked..

I guess I more or less answered my own question.. it's in the manual. RTFM!!

I stopped by the Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday.. and I got to talking to the salesman about my concerns regarding no active safety.. and he pointed out to me that most of the guns that I am interested in do not have an active safety.. most notably was the Sig P229.. that is a sweet gun!! I am going to have to get me one of those.. a little bit pricey, but worth the money....

Anyway.. never mind on the question.

Raymond

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Well, I was going to get into this, but seems I don't need to.

I to got used to the XD's 3rd safety(grip) making snags a no-worry.

Thinking that glocks, taurus, etc have been holstered for years I figured I'd be safe. I'm just extra careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts