MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called S&W today. I wanted to order a couple of sears to experiment with. Parts dept told me they do not have any and will not sell any if they did. First guy told me that I needed the whold sear block assembly. So I called again and hoping to get another person. 2nd. person said they are not for sale. Factory restricted part. Brownell's does not stock [email protected] parts yet. Any one have one they want to part with or know of a source ?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Brownells does stock M&P parts, but you won't get any sears from them either. The only way they are selling the sears is in the sear block. The whole block is like $25. I was upset at first as well but when I got to thinking of it 1911 sears by them selves are usually about $20-30 so for the whole block $25 is a good deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information. I did call Brownell's. The sales lady said they did not have M&P parts so they kicked me over to the Tech line. The guy there said they have not received any M&P parts yet. I did order one from the M&P store. They were very quick in getting back to me. Now I wil be able to modify one for a light trigger for sport and have the other for carry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats weird about Brownells considering they have had parts on their site for at least 2 months now. But dealing with MP-store is better anyway.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Smith parts are getting really spotty at best to vendors, and they are picky about what parts to sell.

I get lucky every now and then to get some in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that is real odd. I did not check the Brownell's web site. Only the catalog and then called. I would be courious to see if you get one from Brownell's. Let me know if you do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new M&P9 has both the Internal Lock and the Magazine Disconnect. Is it just a simple matter of replacing my pistol's Sear Housing with the Sear Housing without IL and MD to "delete" both IL and MD?

Or not.

·
Registered
298 Posts
JCBlauvelt said:
Now that is real odd. I did not check the Brownell's web site. Only the catalog and then called. I would be courious to see if you get one from Brownell's. Let me know if you do.

I have also ordered and received a sear block from Brownells in the past. I just checked Brownells website, and they are now back "IN-STOCK"! Better hurry!!! :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new Sear Housing Block Assembly arrived from Brownell's today:- http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...+NO+IL%2c+NO+MS

It was supposed to be the assembly without the IL (Internal Lock) and Ms (Magazine safety). However, although it was "missing" the Internal lock, it still had the Mag safety disconnect installed. :?

The part number that I ordered and the part number on the bag were correct.

Not a big deal as I just removed the mag safety and now have a spare sear block. I suspect that Brownell's is mis-packaging these sear housing blocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts