MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been awhile since I've posted here, but felt the need to relay my experiences witht eh Shield 45. I purchased mine years ago, mainly because I'm a 45 ACP fan. After purchasing the Shield, I was amazed at how accurate this "pocket pistol" is! I can shoot the Shield 45 as accurately as my Colt Government and Commander 1911s (which have fitted barrel bushings and improved triggers). My buddy was debating been the available calibers in the Shield model, so a group of friends representing 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP made a range trip together. After shooting all the caliber options, my buddy purchased a Shield 45. Accuracy and return to target lead him to choose the 45 ACP. Also interesting to note, the 9mm Shield was a Performance Center with porting. Sadly, my 1911's rarely see the range now as the Shield is first into the range bag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love both my Shield 45’s, a standard and a PC. They both amaze me. Very accurate and soft shooting especially considering their size. I’ve had many 45’s over the years. Glock 30, 30S, WC Protector, Colt Officers model etc and for a carry pistol the Shield is my favorite and of the two I have I slightly prefer the standard to the PC version.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine is a 1.0 with a external safety. I was concerned with the safety as I have a bad thumb, 1911's, Taurus G2 and G2C's are good, but some others are relegated to the always off position. Since the Shield's was guarded I thought it might be unusable for me, but was pleasantly easy to use. I like the gun, but prefer my Shield 40.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the external safety as well on mine but I've never used it. Fortunately it's something you don't notice if you don't use it and it doesn't get in the way.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
66 Posts
I have a Gen 1 w/ safety also, but I actually use it as this is a "truck gun" in my SUV's tool box. It gets "bounced around" some, so the safety gives me a bit more peace of mind.

It's a great little .45 ACP shooter and it would certainly be a CCW if I didn't have others in my seasonal / situational rotations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts