MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my M&P full size 40 serial number MPMXXXX afer a shooting at the range for a day, the disassembly was fairly easy but reassembly was sorta' tough it involved moving the firing pin slide forward and pulling the trigger to get side to seat on frame assembly, but after 10 - 15 times of breaking it down and assembly it got fairly easy and the placement of the firing pin was not necessary. Has anyone ever encounter this, and is this normal?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Havin' hard time following you. If you make sure that the sear disconnect is in the down position the slide should go right on w/out pulling the trigger. Make sure it is down next time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coltman1985 said:
Havin' hard time following you. If you make sure that the sear disconnect is in the down position the slide should go right on w/out pulling the trigger. Make sure it is down next time.
Sear pin was down, but still had a time in fact I had to take it to a gunsmith to show me how to reassemble. He too was also challenged for a while.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
All I do is slide it back on the frame and then return the take down lever to its normal position, easy as pie.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The only issue I've ever had with reassembly is with the take-down lever popping up as I put the slide back on. I simply hold it down as I reassemble. No problem with the sear at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I initially had a rpoblem because the recoil spring and guide rod had to line up very precisely. Once I got the "touch" in lining them up, no problem. Never had a sear problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hondo, I've noticed that as well where you have to pull th triger back and make sure the trigger bar is pushed right and disconnected from sear in order for the Slide to go on all the way. Took a couple of attempts to get the hang of it but it's cool now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wahoo95 said:
Hondo, I've noticed that as well where you have to pull th triger back and make sure the trigger bar is pushed right and disconnected from sear in order for the Slide to go on all the way. Took a couple of attempts to get the hang of it but it's cool now.
I thought it was me but in actuality it was the pistol. I'm figuring the tolerances are held tight on these weapons and it takes a dozen or so dismantelings to remove all the burrs sorta' speak. Now if I could just get hang of removing the dismanteling tool on the butt.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Now if I could just get hang of removing the dismanteling tool on the butt.
The only real need to remove that tool is to change the backstrap, no tool is needed to push down the internal take down lever, I do it with my finger, virtually anything will work, if you are cleaning it you will have tools close at hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts