·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do one yet?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well Tom over at novaks handgunner outlet will do it. I know he has worked on some M&Ps, so I suspect he has done it to at least one gun. But that gun is not mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I know that several have rounded corners and such. Why do you want the slide drilled and ground?

Lightening the slide is one of the tricks that competitive shooters do to help improve the handling and shooting characteristics of the pistol. Both of my STIs have been lightened, and I am currently working on a CZ75 SP01. The lighter slide increases the cyclic rate, and can reduce perceived recoil and muzzle flip. To really get the benefits of lightening the slide, you typically have to tune the ammo and spring weights. Of course, the pay offs can be pretty big if you are shooting a lot of competitions.

Joe

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I "know" what it is, why does "he" want it done was my Q!! If you run a M&P in SSP or Production class it isn't legal, and not comp. enough in "higher" classes.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I was just being sarcastic Coltman.

Olyeller is a friend of mine. We have discussed doing some milling on his slide. This could help a little, even in the Limited/Limited 10 divisions. Joe Long gave a nice explanation. Hopefully, in the near future, I will get to cut on a perfectly good M&P slide. :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coltman1985 said:
I "know" what it is, why does "he" want it done was my Q!! If you run a M&P in SSP or Production class it isn't legal, and not comp. enough in "higher" classes.

Not competitive in higher classes??? :roll:

I would refer you to a fellow named Dave Sevigny, who does pretty well in Limited and L-10 with his production legal G35, only with a magwell.

I cant count how many guys with pimped out S_I's I beat at this years nationals.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe Long said:
Yukon,

Where are you looking at pulling weight off?

Joe

Im leaning towards a simple top slot, like the glock longslides.

Need to do some calculations first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
olyeller said:
[quote name='Joe Long']Yukon,

Where are you looking at pulling weight off?

Joe

Im leaning towards a simple top slot, like the glock longslides.

Need to do some calculations first.[/quote]

Just curious. I'm using one of my M&Ps fora carry gun, and I try to leave those reasonably stock with the exception of sights. The other one is set up to be used in production division.

Joe

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I carry my production gun, and figured I could really go to town with the other one.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Sounds like you all need a third M&P. I keep one around for just such playing around with. It will likely be turned into an open gun very shortly. :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-maybe with a 170mm big stick??

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'd like to see the rear sight area removed, extreme flattop, small cut out on top, and angled holes in the sides. Then mount a red dot!! Then remove some of the lower plastic too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts