MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Looking at getting a M&P for SHTF GUN and I was wondering if S&W has put out a spare parts kit for this gun? If not do you think that they are planning on it in the near futur?

Thanks,

Ranger99

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't we'll see S&W offer a kit because I imagine they would prefer all parts get replaced by certified armorers. But eventually parts will be more readily available on the market. Maybe if enough people were interested Jester would put together a kit and offer it through www.mp-store.com?

·
Registered
533 Posts
m4arc said:
I don't we'll see S&W offer a kit because I imagine they would prefer all parts get replaced by certified armorers. But eventually parts will be more readily available on the market. Maybe if enough people were interested Jester would put together a kit and offer it through www.mp-store.com?

Brownells stocks about 75% of all M&P Parts now!!

Y

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
ysued said:
[quote name='m4arc']I don't we'll see S&W offer a kit because I imagine they would prefer all parts get replaced by certified armorers. But eventually parts will be more readily available on the market. Maybe if enough people were interested Jester would put together a kit and offer it through www.mp-store.com?

Brownells stocks about 75% of all M&P Parts now!!

Y[/quote]

True, that's where I've been buying all of my stuff :wink:

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Good luck, I had to fight to get some sear blocks. Strikers are about nonexistant.

I've been waiting on strikers for 2 months on BO, and I hear about people sending in their pistol and getting it and a spare back in a week.

Parts are getting harder and harder to get.

When/if they come around I'll have something.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Jester, I know how you feel about strikers, I have several on BO at Brownells!!

But Brownells has Sear Blocks in Stock right now!!

They have all 3 Flavors in stock, Standard (With Lock and Mag Safety), No Lock with Mag Safety and my personal favorite, No Lock and No Mag Safety!!

Y

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I can get sear blocks, but S&W is getting picky about who they sell to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
A pistol as a SHTF gun?

You can get 2 AK's for the price of 1 M&P. You can then bury them in the dirt in your backyard for 20 years and rest assured that they'll still be reliable when you dig them up. You can get 12, 30-rd mags at sportsman's guide for $70, and 1000 rounds from ammoman for $180 delivered.

I love my M&P. I love shooting my M&P. My M&P is probably my favorite gun, but if the S ever HTF, any pistol would come in a distant third behind an assault rifle, and a shotgun.

Enjoy your M&P for what it is: a fun gun to shoot, and a better than nothing solution to the carry problem. (long guns don't conceal well)

Just MHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bobbthompson said:
A pistol as a SHTF gun?

I love my M&P. I love shooting my M&P. My M&P is probably my favorite gun, but if the S ever HTF, any pistol would come in a distant third behind an assault rifle, and a shotgun.

Just MHO.

I agree with you about the pistol vs. rifle for SHTF. but a pistol is concealable making it better for SHTF. you're more likely to have your pistol in your belt than have a rifle slung at the ready while dealing with most realistic SHTF scenarios.

remember kantrina? if I was caught in that mess I'd have had a pistol in my waist and a rifle stashed within fighting distance of me at all times, BUT I wouldn't want to do anything other than blend in with the scenary. carrying a rifle or shotgun would make me the number ONE target from a lot of different angles.

if my M&P ever gets bumped up to primary personal protection piece. I'll have the spares to keep it going. just like i have for my primary carry piece now.

just MY $.02. it's worth exactly what you paid for it!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
bobbthompson said:
A pistol as a SHTF gun?

You can get 2 AK's for the price of 1 M&P. You can then bury them in the dirt in your backyard for 20 years and rest assured that they'll still be reliable when you dig them up. You can get 12, 30-rd mags at sportsman's guide for $70, and 1000 rounds from ammoman for $180 delivered.

Enjoy your M&P for what it is: a fun gun to shoot, and a better than nothing solution to the carry problem. (long guns don't conceal well)

Just MHO.
If SHTF I'll bet you won't be at home. If you are at home are you sitting on the couch watching 24 with your trusty AK by your side? You can buy 2 AKs for $400? I'd love to watch you fire the one that has been buried for 20 years.

My pistol is "almost" always with me. It WILL be what I use until I can get to something better, whether that is upstairs in the safe or in the trunk of my car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can get 2 AK's for $500 which is what a lot of people are paying for M&P's. I paid $450 on gunbroker after shipping, local mom&pop sells them for $550.

If you use a gun to fight your way to another gun, that other gun is your SHTF gun in my opinion.

I think we're talking semantics here.

If the SHTF I would most likely be out with only my M&P, as you both have stated.

I would use it to get home to my: 2 AK's with 5000 rounds (so I call my AK's my SHTF guns). Mossberg 590 with 1000 rounds. 60 day supply of food & water; stove, firewood, etc.

I would then stay there and defend until order was restored.

It's just my definition of a SHTF gun - if I could only have 1 gun in a colapse of society situation, what gun would it be? For me that gun is an assault rifle. You can hunt with them, and they can deliver A LOT of ammo quickly if need be. I chose the AK because I'm poor. If money were no object, I'd have FN FAL's or AR's.

It's always a good idea to have spare parts for any mechanical device you don't want to be without. I have critical spare parts for most of the things I own.

I just wouldn't call a pistol a SHTF gun.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay..... just in case anyone is curious..

If your gonna bury any guns in your backyard and are planning for them to work after any period of time in the dirt, you need to get some lengths of PVC piping with two end caps for either side. I'd probably get a bunch of silica packets as well...

But I'd much prefer having a rifle at home in the safe then buried in the back yard. Its a lot faster to enter a code or combo into a safe then to dig up a rifle and all its ammo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts