MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this M&P Spec. It's a 5" barreled 9mm with night sights, 2 mags, a nice neck knife and a challenge coin. Kinda their version of a Sig Legion. The trigger is nice, even for a 2.0. The knife and coin weren't important to me, but the 5" barrel and NS were. Now to shoot it!

The dealer found it in the back of their shelf and apparently got it as a Black Friday special. The wife likes it and has already said it's her new house gun!

·
Registered
248 Posts
It looks to have a 5 inch barrel, but the slide is not a 5 inch one, as the barrel sticks past the slide ?
This is my 5 inch MP9 for comparison, longer dust cover on the slide, muzzle flush with the end of slide.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh, that would explain why I saw barrel protruding. I can see the chamber plug sticking out now that you've said that.

My 5 incher shoots great with just about every load I've tried.
It does best with 115 grain, heavier weights hit too high.
The trigger sucked, heavy and gritty, so mine now has Apex parts. I like the Apex trigger feel better as well, over the hinged M&P trigger.

Yesterday I ordered an Apex kit for my new full-size .45, the factory trigger on it sucked too. I keep hearing about how good the 2.0 triggers are, either I just keep getting bad examples, or many guys just aren't too picky when it comes to trigger pull.
I like the triggers on the two 1.0s I had better than any of the 2.0s I've had.
My .45 Shield came with a sweet trigger, I didn't have to do anything to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts