MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this M&P Spec. It's a 5" barreled 9mm with night sights, 2 mags, a nice neck knife and a challenge coin. Kinda their version of a Sig Legion. The trigger is nice, even for a 2.0. The knife and coin weren't important to me, but the 5" barrel and NS were. Now to shoot it!

The dealer found it in the back of their shelf and apparently got it as a Black Friday special. The wife likes it and has already said it's her new house gun!

·
Registered
262 Posts
It looks to have a 5 inch barrel, but the slide is not a 5 inch one, as the barrel sticks past the slide ?
This is my 5 inch MP9 for comparison, longer dust cover on the slide, muzzle flush with the end of slide.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh, that would explain why I saw barrel protruding. I can see the chamber plug sticking out now that you've said that.

My 5 incher shoots great with just about every load I've tried.
It does best with 115 grain, heavier weights hit too high.
The trigger sucked, heavy and gritty, so mine now has Apex parts. I like the Apex trigger feel better as well, over the hinged M&P trigger.

Yesterday I ordered an Apex kit for my new full-size .45, the factory trigger on it sucked too. I keep hearing about how good the 2.0 triggers are, either I just keep getting bad examples, or many guys just aren't too picky when it comes to trigger pull.
I like the triggers on the two 1.0s I had better than any of the 2.0s I've had.
My .45 Shield came with a sweet trigger, I didn't have to do anything to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So wait! I've asked this a couple times with no real direct answer. The 5" barrel will fit and run fine on the regular mp2.0 frame? My gun was fitted with a 4.25" but I have a 5" apex semi drop coming that I will fit and test. So your somewhat confirming it'll work by showing this factory 5" with reg slide. People mention the muzzle may be different but other people have measured it to be the same?.. im not really sure but I got such a crazy deal on the slide if it doesn't work out ill just sell it on here to someone who wants a good upgrade to the oem on a pro

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, ohsheepdog has the longer slide meant for the 5 inch barrel. I was focused on the muzzle and didn't even see he had a chamber plug in it or that the slide was overhanging at the back.
It's possible that the 5 inch barrel would work in the slide meant for a 4.25" barrel, but you'd have to take a measurement 3/4" back from the muzzle and make sure that it's the same as at the end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, ohsheepdog has the longer slide meant for the 5 inch barrel. I was focused on the muzzle and didn't even see he had a chamber plug in it or that the slide was overhanging at the back.
It's possible that the 5 inch barrel would work in the slide meant for a 4.25" barrel, but you'd have to take a measurement 3/4" back from the muzzle and make sure that it's the same as at the end.
Would I measure the muzzle with a dowel rod the way its explained here for semi

I'm sure for the sake of the slide and barrel functioning as before it will be the same but the accuracy will either be worse or better i suppose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So wait! I've asked this a couple times with no real direct answer. The 5" barrel will fit and run fine on the regular mp2.0 frame? My gun was fitted with a 4.25" but I have a 5" apex semi drop coming that I will fit and test. So your somewhat confirming it'll work by showing this factory 5" with reg slide. People mention the muzzle may be different but other people have measured it to be the same?.. im not really sure but I got such a crazy deal on the slide if it doesn't work out ill just sell it on here to someone who wants a good upgrade to the oem on a pro
Yes, you can use a M&P 2.0 5" barrel in a M&P 2.0 4.25" slide.
Even the 2.0 compact is the same, and I can put my 5" barrel in the compact's 4" slide, or use the 5" barrel and slide on the compact frame and vise versa

Here's my 2.0 compact with 2.0 full size/5 inch barrel and slide, and 17 round mag, with mag spacer that came with the 4" compact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is what I meant. For the record it works and I am shooting a little more tight of a grouping. I am waiting for a pro slide to purchase to properly mate them and keep my 40 cal and 9mm uppers separate.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts