MP-Pistol Forum banner

M&P Strikers at Brownells

5K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  ysued 
#1 ·
#2 ·
And you post it here rather than giving me a call?

I'd call you a name but I don't know which of your nationalities to pick on.

of course I ordered some before posting this :wink:

#3 ·
Dan Burwell said:
And you post it here rather than giving me a call?

I'd call you a name but I don't know which of your nationalities to pick on.

of course I ordered some before posting this :wink:

I tried calling, your Cell SUCKS!!

It rang over and over and there was no answer, not even Voice mail!!

I'll try calling again.

Y

#4 ·
I got this from the Brownells website. The same striker is used for all the guns listed below?? I thought the M&P didn't have any interchangeable parts.

Striker Assembly 940-000-974

Mfr: SMITH & WESSON

FITS: 910, 9mm; 4006, .40 S & W; 4043 DAO, .40 S & W; 4046, .40 S & W; 4506, .45 ACP; 5903, 9mm; 5906, 9mm; 5943 DAO, 9mm; 5946 DAO, 9mm; M&P (Semi-Auto), 9mm, .357, .40; Sigma SW40C, .40 S & W; Sigma SW40F, .40 S & W; Sigma SW40V, .40 S & W;

#5 ·
Arizona Smithshooter said:
I got this from the Brownells website. The same striker is used for all the guns listed below?? I thought the M&P didn't have any interchangeable parts.

Striker Assembly 940-000-974

Mfr: SMITH & WESSON

FITS: 910, 9mm; 4006, .40 S & W; 4043 DAO, .40 S & W; 4046, .40 S & W; 4506, .45 ACP; 5903, 9mm; 5906, 9mm; 5943 DAO, 9mm; 5946 DAO, 9mm; M&P (Semi-Auto), 9mm, .357, .40; Sigma SW40C, .40 S & W; Sigma SW40F, .40 S & W; Sigma SW40V, .40 S & W;

Sounds like a Mistake, I hope they don't send me a 5906 Firing Pin!!

Y

#8 ·
YukonGlocker said:
That is a mistake on Brownell's website. The M&P striker assembly is different from the others.

I'll tell you tomorrow when the USPS Delivers my order.

Y

#11 ·
bigkracka said:
What's the big deal?

the big deal is that S&W stopped selling these to dealers and distributors!!

When I was at Brownells a couple of weeks ago, I was told that S&W reclassified the Strikers as "Factory Installed Part" and that S&W would not sell the Strikers to Brownells anymore.

I guess there was a change in policy out there at Springfield, MA, Good for S&W, they rectified something potentially stupid in a short amount of time.

Y

#13 ·
YukonGlocker said:
I meant it was a mistake that the same striker assembly fits all the guns in that list.

Hopefully you get the M&P striker assy.

I think you are right, i'll call my buddy at Catalog on Monday, I have to talk to him on a daily basis, as I'm photographing over 300 product for catalog #60.

I'll post when I get them strikers tomorrow.

I might buy more on Monday!!

Y

#14 ·
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='ysued']... they rectified something potentially stupid in a short amount of time.

Y

Now I wonder why they would do something like that??? :wink:
[/quote]

Dunno, but me thinks they actually read what goes on at the forums, like this one.

Thanks S&W for doing it right by us!!

Y

#21 ·
ysued said:
[quote name='bigkracka']What's the big deal?

When I was at Brownells a couple of weeks ago, I was told that S&W reclassified the Strikers as "Factory Installed Part" and that S&W would not sell the Strikers to Brownells anymore.

I guess there was a change in policy out there at Springfield, MA, Good for S&W, they rectified something potentially stupid in a short amount of time.

Y[/quote] What I should have said is why would you want one? Never broken a striker in anything. If I did, I would send it to S&W on their dime for a free one.

#22 ·
bigkracka said:
[quote name='ysued'][quote name='bigkracka']What's the big deal?

Y[/quote] What I should have said is why would you want one? Never broken a striker in anything. If I did, I would send it to S&W on their dime for a free one.[/quote]

OK, sorry for not explaining myself.

if I'm at the Nationals and I break a Striker and I don't have a backup gun or Spare parts, I'm out of the game. After you bust your Hump for a whole year to get to nationals, you don't want to get out of competition due to a $30.00 part. now I have the spares I wanted, I'm happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.