MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I was at Brownells on Friday doing a Photo Shoot, I wanted to find out when they were going to ship the M&P Strikers, well, they are not!!

Seems that S&W has converted the Strikers to "Factory Installed" Part and they will not sell the Strikers to Brownells anymore
This means that all 5 Strikers I had on Back Order are canceled.

This is not good, with all the reports of broken Strikers flying everywhere, not being able to have a spare kicking around in your bag is not a good thing. I hope that S&W changes this policy, we definitely do not need the Springfield policy of not selling XD parts to the public and that all XD parts are Factory Installed.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Bad juju :roll:

One of the reasons I dropped my XD

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jester said:
Bad juju :roll:

One of the reasons I dropped my XD

I know man!!

I was bummed!!

I really wanted to have one or two extra Strikers on my spare parts Kit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So if one breaks, you must

- call SW,

- wait for them to send the mailing voucher,

- mail,

- wait for them to fix, and

- receive firearm back...

Wonder if they will send you a spare M&P with the mailing voucher and then you could just return it when you receive your firearm back...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
itr674 said:
So if one breaks, you must

- call SW,

- wait for them to send the mailing voucher,

- mail,

- wait for them to fix, and

- receive firearm back...

Wonder if they will send you a spare M&P with the mailing voucher and then you could just return it when you receive your firearm back...

That is why I have 2 M&P9's!! I might just get a third one, with a Full Shooting Season ahead of me and a Nationals, I want to be covered.

Y

·
Registered
545 Posts
Are broken strikers still an issue? I thought the striker was redesigned during one of the early design upgrades and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I hope this situation is rectified soon. (Not being able to get strikers and other parts.)

This could turn into a can of worms for S&W.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YukonGlocker said:
I hope this situation is rectified soon. (Not being able to get strikers and other parts.)

This could turn into a can of worms for S&W.

Right now Brownells still has some parts in stock, I just don't know if they will still be able to get more or these are the last ones!!

Y

·
Registered
210 Posts
looks like just the strikers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IAShooter said:
Am I reading this correctly, We will not be able to get any replacement

parts or just strikers ?

This is bad.

Brownells still has several parts left, i just don't know if ALL parts are going to be affected by this decision. At this time Brownells is Back Ordered on several parts, I'm completing ano order tonight, I hope to send it in tomorrow, i'll wait to get feedback on the back ordered parts, I hope to get them.

The striker issue is bad though, having to send the gun back to them just to replace a part that can be easily replaced by the user is a silly idea!!

Y

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sincerely hope S&W is reading this post. This will kill sales. They need to print this thread and take it to the execs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you would like to send your opinion to Smith & Wesson, E-mail Customer Service at:

[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are they sending a new one to you for self installation or do you send the gun in? I'm thinking maybe it's possible that S&W needs to see the broken strikers in order to make a mod? i know that in parts failures where i work there is some metalurgic testing done when a part fails in high frequency :?:

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is kind of speculation, but it looked to me from the photos of the broken strikers that here was a stress riser at the point where it failed. I remember reading from Dan Burwell that S&W changed the radius of the striker at the point where it failed. As I understand it, this is also the point at which the retaining clips for the spring meet the striker, so it sounds to me like they would have to modify the whole assembly. It also sounds to me like they're not really sure that they have the final fix, but that they are taking it seriously.

*Please forgive my jumbled terminology. I hope my post still makes sense.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
INTP said:
This is kind of speculation, but it looked to me from the photos of the broken strikers that here was a stress riser at the point where it failed. I remember reading from Dan Burwell that S&W changed the radius of the striker at the point where it failed. As I understand it, this is also the point at which the retaining clips for the spring meet the striker, so it sounds to me like they would have to modify the whole assembly. It also sounds to me like they're not really sure that they have the final fix, but that they are taking it seriously.

*Please forgive my jumbled terminology. I hope my post still makes sense.

It makes sense. the right answer is not to make it a factory installed only part. Might makes sense that you can only get one from S&W with a call tag so they can have the old one back to check. Whcih would probably entail cutting brownells out of the loop until it is sorted out.

hopefully they dont have their head up their ass.

the only other legitimate reason i could see for doing this is if they are redesigning the striker and the slide to go with it. But somehow i doubt that as it would hurt financially.

Who knows, but it would be in S&W best interests to keep spare parts available.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting. I am also leaning toward SW wanting to make sure that the final fix is really it and therefore wanting to have some control over replacement parts. I ran into this when owned my P99. Called CS to order a new striker assembly and the Walher striker assembly was listed as restricted while the SW part was not, so they sent me an SW99 striker.

Now that I think about it, could this have something to do with ATF??? Since they have started collecting spent brass could they be limiting the random swapping of parts that would make their database more useless than it already is. Changing the striker would change the "fingerprint" of the spent case. Just a thought.

·
Registered
77 Posts
nothing new you were lucky to get any strikers from brownells or S&W

its the way the policy has been with sigma and S&W guns.

for some reason decided to go above and beyound for little while with M&P

cant buy the striker but can get most anything else.

need an aftermarket striker. machined out of a nice bar stock stainless.

Sigma and M&P.

E

·
0 Posts
ysued said:
Well,

I was at Brownells on Friday doing a Photo Shoot, I wanted to find out when they were going to ship the M&P Strikers, well, they are not!!

Seems that S&W has converted the Strikers to "Factory Installed" Part and they will not sell the Strikers to Brownells anymore

This is not good, with all the reports of broken Strikers flying everywhere, not being able to have a spare kicking around in your bag is not a good thing. I hope that S&W changes this policy, we definitely do not need the Springfield policy of not selling XD parts to the public and that all XD parts are Factory Installed.

Is your gun rev M or N?

The bad strikers usually comes from M only right?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eddo36 said:
[quote name='ysued']Well,

Is your gun rev M or N?

The bad strikers usually comes from M only right?[/quote]

Both of my Guns are REV "N" but I wanted to have spares!!

Y

1 - 20 of 35 Posts