MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I performed a conservative trigger job on my M&P 45. The trigger bar contacts the sear just fine when I pull the trigger with the slide removed, however when I put the slide on the trigger bar moves outward and bypasses the sear completely. What did I do wrong??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you got a angle on the sear where you removed material. That's why it's always good to have spare parts. If you didn't take much off the sear you should be able to fix it. Make sure you take material off evenly! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You need to use a big sharpening stone when doing this so you can set the sear down on it and move it back and forth. That way you can remove material evenly when you need to! Get a good pic up of the sear so we can help you better. Also, did the trigge bar get bent? you may just need to tweak it in a little. JMHO :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used the stone and it is pretty even. I did not bend the trigger bar as far as I know. Everything came out easily. I did not polish the safety plunger. Could that have something to do with it?? I will take a couple pictures when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
couple things could be wrong, first check to make sure you didn't get an angle on the front of the sear where it contacts the trigger bar, second make sure you plunger isn't sticking. third make sure the triger return spring is on correctly.

I am guessing you go a bit of an angle on the front of the sear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan. Is the front of the sear supposed to be rounded off or cut off flat. The instructions I was using indicate a "compound angle".

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
when viewed from the side it is a kind of a compound angle/ radius but from the front it has to be prefectly square maybe even a little angled into itself, just so you don't get the slippage that you are getting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...I still don't understand. I just ordered a couple sears from the MP-Store. Hopefully they have them in stock. I will just drop in a new unit and then take it to a local "expert".

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
DRAGON1970 said:
I will just drop in a new unit and then take it to a local "expert".
If by local "expert", you mean local "gunsmith", I'd think twice about that.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Definitely don't take it to a local gunsmith!! Send it to Dan Burwell or David Bowie (not the musician either.) Follow the instructs and you should be able to "bring" it back to square.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
check to see that the plunger spring is not folded over which will cause the plunger not to lift fully and push the trigger bar sideways

·
Registered
44 Posts
Triggerman66 said:
Does the one sear fit all models? 40,9, and 45 cal?

I'd like to know that answer to this also... - Josh M.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They all use the same sear but the 45 sear blocks are different

1 - 18 of 18 Posts