MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hola gents, new member. I searched the topic but only found the “trigger kits” and I am looking to replace the actual trigger itself.

I am not a fan of the trigger hinge safety and want just a trigger without anything else. The trigger kits like the Apex and Tim still have the safety on the actual trigger and I’d like to just pull out the FCG and replace the trigger itself.

Haven’t been able to find one, anyone know of one? Or a factory trigger not on a trigger hinge safety that I can swap out?

this guy:
White Food Wood Staple food Ingredient

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
That is the trigger safety.
You will not find a trigger for an M&P without that or the earlier hinged trigger as they are striker fired.
If the handgun is dropped without that safety, inertia COULD cause the trigger to go rearward & POSSIBLY discharge the weapon.
You have the newer flatter style that most now prefer.
Nice looking pistol too! 👀 👍

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the trigger safety.
You will not find a trigger for an M&P without that or the earlier hinged trigger as they are striker fired.
If the handgun is dropped without that safety, inertia COULD cause the trigger to go rearward & POSSIBLY discharge the weapon.
You have the newer flatter style that most now prefer.
Nice looking pistol too! 👀 👍
Oh I understand that, just not the biggest fan of the feel. Plus it’s got a thumb safety. I was curious.

as for the gun, this is only my second pistol that wasn’t black, and I’m super excited about it 🤣 next is the dot and light, for mine and the wife’s new shield plus

· Registered
648 Posts
As noted, no one is going to take on the liability of selling a trigger without some kind of drop safety. I suppose if you feel brave enough you could drive out the pin that trigger safety pivots on and discard it but you are strictly on your own if there is an accidental or negligent discharge that does someone or something harm.

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
FDE Pistols seemed to be the BIG THING around the time the Government Trials that resulted in the M17/M18 SIGs
I was bitten by a couple too...
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

I still have the S&W SD9 FDE in the safe... SOLD the Glock 19X & made $100 on it to boot... = Buy Low Sell High...

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
I didn't want top even to suggest that He remove the pin & trigger safety.
Would almost make you liable.
Also be careful not to knock that bobby pin down the drain, as it doesn't have the pop-up assembly in place. 👀
That is a beautiful pistol, much nicer looking than the two I posted.
100% ambi controls too! (y)
I have since removed the factory hinged trigger & put a polymer Apex unit in it with FDE trigger safety. 👇
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve already considered removing it myself, I’m no beginner by any stretch… but how long have pistols had no binge safety before daddy government told us what’s best for us? Cars go over the speed limit for a reason

· Administrator
1,130 Posts
I would highly recommend you do
I’ve already considered removing it myself, I’m no beginner by any stretch… but how long have pistols had no binge safety before daddy government told us what’s best for us? Cars go over the speed limit for a reason
I would highly recommend you do not do this. Please listen to the others.

If it is dropped, something could happen as others have stated. This is a very, very bad idea.

Buy a gun that doesn't have this on the trigger if it really bothers you.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would highly recommend you do

I would highly recommend you do not do this. Please listen to the others.

If it is dropped, something could happen as others have stated. This is a very, very bad idea.

Buy a gun that doesn't have this on the trigger if it really bothers you.
I said I considered it, but I didn’t. I wasn’t planning on it because I was hoping to get a trigger.
I understand the reason for it, but this is new tech. It’s not like guns have been drop firing for decades and all of the sudden they’re an extreme danger… it’s a low chance of firing, I’m not too worried about it. But I’d rather a better trigger than the factory because the factory hinge safety rests on the trigger, and I wish it would ride flush.

anyways, it’s obvious there isn’t one made, so I’ll continue on

Ty all!

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Hola gents, new member. I searched the topic but only found the “trigger kits” and I am looking to replace the actual trigger itself.

I am not a fan of the trigger hinge safety and want just a trigger without anything else. The trigger kits like the Apex and Tim still have the safety on the actual trigger and I’d like to just pull out the FCG and replace the trigger itself.

Haven’t been able to find one, anyone know of one? Or a factory trigger not on a trigger hinge safety that I can swap out?

this guy:
View attachment 20310
Hey, if you end up buying an apex or timney trigger for your 2.0, can I buy your factory trigger from you?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, if you end up buying an apex or timney trigger for your 2.0, can I buy your factory trigger from you?
Absolutely, but for some reason I remember reading it isn’t a direct fit? Maybe that was the trigger only? I can’t remember. This will be my edc gun so if I end up doing a full trigger swap the chances of it going back are slim and none, so I will for sure keep you in mind

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Absolutely, but for some reason I remember reading it isn’t a direct fit? Maybe that was the trigger only? I can’t remember. This will be my edc gun so if I end up doing a full trigger swap the chances of it going back are slim and none, so I will for sure keep you in mind
I appreciate it. I am willing to be the guinea pig and spend the money to see if I can put it in an old M2.0

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Font Screenshot Darkness Multimedia Software

I have been emailing Galloway Precision about the M&P9 M2.0 triggers. I have the Galloway boudica trigger for my SD9VE, and the spring kit.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

The trigger was $25 and the spring kit was $35, after tax and shipping it was like $63 total and it works flawlessly, and shoots amazingly. However they only sell guide rod stuff for the M&P pistols. I emailed the person I contacted before about the M2.0 and told him that I see guys all over the forums who want the newer style trigger for their M2.0's, but don't want an apex trigger and that if they could find a way to make the newer style trigger close enough in style to the new trigger without being so close to get sued, I think a lot of guys would go for it. I know I would. Obviously I'm not expecting them to clone the trigger and get sued to oblivion. I would take a boudica style trigger, especially if they offered it at the same if not close in price to the SD9VE trigger but they seem to think there just wouldn't be enough demand for it for them to produce it. I have nothing against Apex, but I do feel like their prices are a bit steep, especially after getting and using the GP trigger.

Would anyone else try the Galloway trigger if they made one?

· Registered
117 Posts
View attachment 20480
I have been emailing Galloway Precision about the M&P9 M2.0 triggers. I have the Galloway boudica trigger for my SD9VE, and the spring kit. View attachment 20481
The trigger was $25 and the spring kit was $35, after tax and shipping it was like $63 total and it works flawlessly, and shoots amazingly. However they only sell guide rod stuff for the M&P pistols. I emailed the person I contacted before about the M2.0 and told him that I see guys all over the forums who want the newer style trigger for their M2.0's, but don't want an apex trigger and that if they could find a way to make the newer style trigger close enough in style to the new trigger without being so close to get sued, I think a lot of guys would go for it. I know I would. Obviously I'm not expecting them to clone the trigger and get sued to oblivion. I would take a boudica style trigger, especially if they offered it at the same if not close in price to the SD9VE trigger but they seem to think there just wouldn't be enough demand for it for them to produce it. I have nothing against Apex, but I do feel like their prices are a bit steep, especially after getting and using the GP trigger.

Would anyone else try the Galloway trigger if they made one?
Sure. If its reasonably price. I don't dislike my trigger enough to spend $100-150 to upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Sure. If its reasonably price. I don't dislike my trigger enough to spend $100-150 to upgrade.

That's what I'm saying. I can't understand why the apex polymer trigger is $110 - $180. At that price, I'd just buy my own 3D printer and make my own trigger. Galloway really has a chance here to bring in a little extra cash. They sell the SD9VE/SW9VE Boudica Flat Faced Trigger for $25.50, even if they just made the boudica for M&P9 and charged $50 - $60 I'd buy it. Ideally I'd get the new style factory flat faced trigger but S&W won't give that up, you have to buy the whole pistol if you want that, which I understand in a way. They spent tons of money and time on upgrades and would like to make that money back.

· Registered
117 Posts
That's what I'm saying. I can't understand why the apex polymer trigger is $110 - $180. At that price, I'd just buy my own 3D printer and make my own trigger. Galloway really has a chance here to bring in a little extra cash. They sell the SD9VE/SW9VE Boudica Flat Faced Trigger for $25.50, even if they just made the boudica for M&P9 and charged $50 - $60 I'd buy it. Ideally I'd get the new style factory flat faced trigger but S&W won't give that up, you have to buy the whole pistol if you want that, which I understand in a way. They spent tons of money and time on upgrades and would like to make that money back.
Yeah, the Apex stuff is neat, but way overpriced.

· Registered
3,068 Posts
I’ve installed Apex parts in three of my M&P pistols now.

I put a Competition Action Enhancement Kit in one for a little over $100.00, That M&P9 has had a less than 2 1/2 pound trigger pull ever since.
The Second and third ones, I just changed out the sear and striker block with Apex parts, along with their included springs. One has a 3 1/2 pound pull; the third has a 3 1/4 pound pull.
The costs for those was $60.-$70. or so (it’s been a while, so I don’t remember the actual $$ any more.
I also put Wilson Combat barrels in two of them; that ran (I think) about $169.00 each..

I kept the stock triggers in all of them. I don’t mind curved triggers, and when I’m shooting them; I can’t tell any difference in the articulated M&P triggers, and the standard triggers on my other pistols.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts